titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

9 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Australia and Japan are outstanding. 

Australia is really impressive considering size of the market and no holiday ?. Hopefully can reach 45-50m.

Really impressive in Taiwan and HK too. Final total prediction for top 5 

UK 75m

Japan 55m

Australia 42m

France 40m

SK 40m

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Local Analyst here like Mr. Taroi are predicting ¥7B-¥8B.

Anyways, should end up as high as it can. Or else Jurassic World: Dominion will steal it soon. [If not then Avatar 2 on 2023]

Next Conan Movie: Aircraft fight.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Next Conan Movie: Aircraft fight.

For Next ___ years, April &Golden Week will be in Conan's favour.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, we just lose that ¥10B everytime.....

Spoiler

Okay, it's happening next time (2023)

Spoiler

Title Inspiration from Tom Cruise

Spoiler

:redcapes:

15 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Close US military allies markets going great (UK, Oz, Japan, that Taiwan gross is outstanding as well) :)

The best is yet to come, I can see Korea doing UK numbers.

Ironic that the US military opponent such as Russia and China are straight up giving zero gross.   

35 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Ironic that the US military opponent such as Russia and China are straight up giving zero gross.   

Well it's not like Battle at Lake Chanjin has been very successful in North America and Europe...

• Like 2

Top 10 Intl. Market 2nd Weekend (Hold)

#1 UK - $12.4M / $47.8M (-12%)

#2 Australia - $9.3M / $23.4M (-6%)

#3 France - $6.9M / $21.0M (-38%)

#4 Japan - $6.7M / $21.9M (-26%)

#5 Germany - $3.9M / $12.2M (-35%)

#6 Taiwan - $2.8M / $7.3M (+32%)

#7 Brazil - $2.7M / $9.3M (-19%)

#8 Italy - $2.0M / $7.5M (-33%)

#9 Hong Kong - $2.0M / $5.7M (+8%)

#10 Indonesia - $2.0M / $4.7M (-6%)

#?? UAE - $2.0M / $5.0M (-6%)

Japan's drop looks big because Paramount is counting Friday on Weekend Frame but our Standard Weekend Frame is 2-day i.e Sat-Sun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://deadline.com/2022/06/top-gun-maverick-tom-cruise-500-million-second-weekend-jurassic-world-dominion-doctor-strange-global-international-boxofficeinternational-box-office-1235038582/

Paramount/Skydance’s Top Gun: Maverick, as projected yesterday, has flown past $500M worldwide, with $548.6M through its first two frames. The offshore weekend is estimated at $81.7M, an incredible hold of -20%, to lift the international box office cume to $257M in 64 markets. This does not include big Tom Cruise hub Korea which rolls out on June 23 (nor are China and Russia in the mix).

The hypersonic Joseph Kosinski-directed sequel is on a tear overseas where the UK has lit up the sky with $47.8M to date. The weekend was down just 12% from opening. Australia has grossed $23.4M after a teeny 6% dip from the previous session. Japan slid just 26% from launch and has grossed $21.9M to date.

There is no denying the overall -20% hold is almost unheard of for a movie that opened to $100M+ offshore, and it indicates legs a plenty. Even though the movie is bringing back the “older” audience, it is playing across demos and also has some folks just waiting until things die down a bit to go experience it on a big screen. If that means foregoing PLFs, which will be turned over to Jurassic World Dominion next frame, they’ll still line up. Outside a must-see Marvel, or recent Star Wars movie, I can’t recall so much excitement in my part of the world. It’s simply a different level.

The sky-high sequel also added $18.5M in global IMAX during the sophomore session with increases in such markets as Australia (+4%), Brazil (+15%), Mexico (+9%), Taiwan (+25%), Saudi Arabia (+24%) and Hong Kong (+11%). Drops were slight in such majors as Japan (-4%), UK (-16%) and Italy (-12%). The overseas IMAX cume is $23M for $62.7M worldwide.

We’ll look at how sky-high Tom Cruise’s return as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell can do when we have a little more days of data. But as noted above, this ace flying machine continues to power beyond expectations. With a mere 20% drop from overseas markets, the weekend was good for $81.7M. That lifted the offshore cume to $257M. Global is now at $548.6M. If a sequel to a 36-year-old movie doing these kinds of numbers doesn’t scream the big screen is back when a movie delivers, then I’ll eat my hat.

And the love is spread around for cinemas. Maverick did, however, face competition from the dinosaurs of Jurassic World Dominion which stomped out to a $56M start in just 15 markets.

The UK, despite distractions from the Platinum Jubilee, added $12.4M on the 2nd weekend at 750 locations. That was good for another No. 1 weekend and down just 12%. The cume is $47.8M through Sunday. As noted above, Australia and Japan saw slight drops. France is the No. 4 market on the movie at $21M — we have had horrendous weather in a large swath of the country this weekend which will have had an impact as more than 60 counties were on high-alert for winds and driving rains. Germany rounds out the Top 5 with $12.2M to date. Brazil was down just 19% despite the arrival of the dinosaurs, and has grossed $9.3M. Taiwan was up an incredible 32% in the second frame and has grossed $7.3M

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

-2.3m in France so far with Whit Monday to boost for next week.

-Only 12% drop in Portugal for €650k. €1.5m total. 

-Also monday in Japan seems like it will drop 18-20% from last week, still good although a bit worse than last week sunday to monday drop.

Edited by RJ-195

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Only movie I can think off which kept increasing or barely dropping in 2nd weekend was Avatar. Otherwise I dont remember this kind of holds. Of course now it has to contend with JWD everywhere. Let us see how things go. 

Well if you are speaking for Usa then yeah I agree, but for most of the countries in the world Joker in 2019 had a similar (if not better) hold

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MG10 said:

Well if you are speaking for Usa then yeah I agree, but for most of the countries in the world Joker in 2019 had a similar (if not better) hold

if this movie has a run anywhere close to Joker(trend not exact BO), it will be crazy. I forgot Joker which to me had most shocking BO run last decade considering it was a serious drama with no action sequences or CGI. 

• Like 1