titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

In many developing market like Southeast Asia,TG2’s opening is not strong but have a super leggy run. 

Yes, like in Malaysia. The opening weekend was $1.5m but by the end of 2nd weekend, the movie rise to 3.6m. Malaysia is a very fast burn market. In general, 3X legs from opening is considered a great leggy run but TGM  already hit 2.4x by end of the 2nd weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, titanic2187 said:

Yes, like in Malaysia. The opening weekend was $1.5m but by the end of 2nd weekend, the movie rise to 3.6m. Malaysia is a very fast burn market. In general, 3X legs from opening is considered a great leggy run but TGM  already hit 2.4x by end of the 2nd weekend.

Maybe Tom Cruise Popularity is less than America in Asia Market(not means he is not Popular),but TG2 is really good movie,it attracts more people who is not Cruise fans to watch it.

And another market like Singapore is only drop 0.1% from last weekend,I think it have,a chance beating M:I Series in Singapore,become the best grosser of Tom Cruise

In Portugal it doing also well,drop decent 16% and get 80k admits on its 2nd weekend,beating NWH 2nd weekend record of pandemic era,overall it's already become 4th biggest grosser of the 2022(over 230k admits)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Appreciate your suggestion.

But, in Japan it will fall on #33th in terms of biggest 2nd Weekend. 

If you talk about the "%" then, after Demon Slayer, TG:M is the first film to receive a drop below "10%"

I can post the biggest Cruise Movie of 21st Century (2000-)

#1 The Last Samurai : ¥13.70B

#2 Mission Impossible II : ¥9.70B

#3 War of the Worlds : ¥6.00B

#4 Mission Impossible IV : ¥5.38B

#5 Minority Report : ¥5.24B

#6 Mission Impossible III : ¥5.15B

#7 Mission Impossible V : ¥5.14B

#8 Mission Impossible VI : ¥4.72B

Top Gun: Maverick : May be ¥7.0-¥8.0B

Top Gun (1986) : ¥6.70B

Gosh Tom Cruise is so big in Japan.

• Like 1

Crazy and this was the tough weekend for TGM. I think 500m+ from current markets looks highly likely and Korea is primed for a huge breakout. What would be great is 600m OS overall. Crazy strong in these days. Neither a MCU Multiverse movie nor a Dino sequel with OG cast no could not do it. 

I still think 600m dom is in play with strong late legs. Dont forget 2 out of next 3 weeks are long weekends. 1.2B WW might happen !!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Crazy and this was the tough weekend for TGM. I think 500m+ from current markets looks highly likely and Korea is primed for a huge breakout. What would be great is 600m OS overall. Crazy strong in these days. Neither a MCU Multiverse movie nor a Dino sequel with OG cast no could not do it. 

I still think 600m dom is in play with strong late legs. Dont forget 2 out of next 3 weeks are long weekends. 1.2B WW might happen !!!

Yes, the next biggest direct competition will be Thor 4 in July 7 weekend in 3 weeks time but outside of United State, I don't think there are a lot of holidays across overseas except for some summer break.