titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

19 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Yes, the next biggest direct competition will be Thor 4 in July 7 weekend in 3 weeks time but outside of United State, I don't think there are a lot of holidays across overseas except for some summer break.  

By the time Thor 4 opens, TGM will only be playing in super leggy markets which can handle multiple big movies. It has already handled losing Imax/PLF this week. So it should handle Thor 4 without any issues. 

@The Dark Alfred 1.2B is not my prediction. But its in play with strong late domestic/OS legs and Korea hitting 70m. But 1.1B looks safe to me. 

TOP Three 3rd Weekend Hold

#1 Japan : $33.9M (-6%)

#2 Mexico : $9.9M (-16%)

#3 Brazil : $13.0M (-18%)

Additional Numbers: Taiwan ($10.9M), Italy ($9.3M) &Saudi Arabia ($8.5M)

Spoiler

From Deadline Hollywood

There were some crazy holds in overseas markets including Japan ($33.9M cume/-6%), Mexico ($9.9M cume/-16%) and Brazil ($13M cume/-18%).

The UK leads all play at $63M, followed by Japan ($33.9M), Australia ($32.6M), France ($28.7M), Germany ($18M), Brazil ($13M), Taiwan ($10.9M), Mexico ($9.9M), Italy ($9.3M) and Saudi Arabia ($8.5M) to round out the Top 10.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Welcome back Maverick!! 

Looks like strong chance  for  450 M + OS ?? 

Tom cruise first 800-850M WW movie??  And its not a marvel or DC Film   WOW! 

---- " You can be my wing man anytime!"  " BS you can be Mine!" 

26 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Welcome back Maverick!! 

Easily over $450M+ OS. @keysersoze123 @EmpireCity @RthMav @charlie Jatinder the experts are certain about that, too. It'll be closer to $500M+ OS.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

Easily over $450M+ OS. @keysersoze123 @EmpireCity @RthMav @charlie Jatinder the experts are certain about that, too. It'll be closer to $500M+ OS.

NIce Legendary Ben :). So your thinking this can hit 900M WW or more :-0?? Wow Tom cruise at 60 has the biggest hit of his life.  I need to see this soon.  Wont JPW or THor hurt that OS tally though?

This is Crazy performance for Top Gun 2. I felt it would do well but not 350-400 Dom and 900+- well--😁

Edited by Sheldon Cr

4 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

NIce Legendary Ben :). So your thinking this can hit 900M WW or more :-0?? Wow Tom cruise at 60 has the biggest hit of his life.  I need to see this soon.  Wont JPW or THor hurt that OS tally though?

This is Crazy performance for Top Gun 2. I felt it would do well but not 350-400 Dom and 900+- well--😁

TGM is going over 1b.  It has plenty of run domestically and overseas left plus South Korea has yet to open.  SK is a huge Tom Cruise market. 

15 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

$1B is certain as long as it continues to hold well.

4 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Welcome back Maverick!! 

DOM 600m OS 600m is possible.

4 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I think it'll be over $890M by next Sunday ($420M OS + $470M DOM).

$1B will be by the following Sunday (with Korea OW as well)

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

8 hours ago, Bruce said:

OS thrid weekend drop was 37% and get 340m overall,comps with Aladdin was 370m at same time.

Aladdin final OS was 640m.

Aladdin had Japan and South Korea going completely crazy for the movie and having some of the best legs ever, for Top Gun I'm thinking more like 550M

22 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Mexico and Brazil show how TGM can recover after big opening of JWD (although a somewhat underperformed result). Italy continues to disappoint.  

In Mexico, it is very rare for a movie on its 4th week (including previews) to hold like this, next to a massive release (JW:D) and after loosing IMAX.

• Like 1

I would guess that current markets add about 170m more, resulting in $525m and Korea is probably adding another $70m.

Guessing the total should be close to $600m, meaning that with good domistic holds 1.2b should be doable.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pepsa said:

I would guess that current markets add about 170m more, resulting in $525m and Korea is probably adding another $70m.

Guessing the total should be close to $600m, meaning that with good domistic holds 1.2b should be doable.

Which is pretty insane.

I mean, its one thing that Top Gun might be going for #1 DOM crown this summer and potentially year.

But its another imo that Top Gun with 1,2B would be pretty much guaranteed to be also the #1 Worldwide movie of 2022 until Avatar 2 releases. I dont see Dominion, Thor or Black Panther 2 coming close to 1,2B WW.

Just wild.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1

I’m 24 and my sister is 22, we are from South America, we don’t have nostalgia or patriotism for US Navy, but we both LOVED TG:M, I personally think that it is the best movie of 2022. Everything works perfect, the script, characters, photography, music 😍

• Like 4