Eric Lasagna

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

4 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Guys. Girls.

Its just like ...

were all having different opinions here.

Could this mean that ... taste in movies is subjective??

:ohmygod:

Was…anybody saying otherwise?

Just saw JWD and tbh I think it was enjoyable for what it was, but without the original trio it would have been awful. The first half did drag a bit and I can fully see where the criticisms are coming from, but it was better than FK (which I don’t hate), especially the last half hour or so. 

rise of skywalker is 95% junk but also gives us the single best thing from disney star wars so far (babu frik). it's a fair trade for me. i'm not sure colin would've been down with the frikness so his episode IX probably would've been worse.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Was…anybody saying otherwise?

No? It was more a response to your post why you hate JW so much which is totally fine since all opinions are subjective :) just thought it would be funny to post it 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Just saw JWD and tbh I think it was enjoyable for what it was, but without the original trio it would have been awful. The first half did drag a bit and I can fully see where the criticisms are coming from, but it was better than FK (which I don’t hate), especially the last half hour or so. 

I dare people to stop using this phrase and go into a movie WITH expectations, and be honest with yourself and with the filmmakers when they don't meet those expectations that are advertised.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rise of skywalker is 95% junk but also gives us the single best thing from disney star wars so far (babu frik). it's a fair trade for me. i'm not sure colin would've been down with the frikness so his episode IX probably would've been worse.

Star Wars GIF

Jurassic rating time for me

Jurassic Park - 10/10

The Lost World Jurassic Park - 10/10

Jurassic Park III - 7/10

Jurassic World - 10/10

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 10/10

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous - 8/10

Jurassic World: Dominion - 10/10

Ranking 

Jurassic Park>Jurassic World>Jurassic World Dominion>The Lost World: Jurassic Park>Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom>Jurassic Park III

The moves are all insanely rewatchable to me. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Sorry man but this is the single best thing...

200.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I dare people to stop using this phrase and go into a movie WITH expectations, and be honest with yourself and with the filmmakers when they don't meet those expectations that are advertised.  

If you go in expecting every movie to expected to be wowed ... won't the ultimate result just be a lot of misery? Having reasonable, lowered expectations allows for those to be met and lead to a more enjoyable experience.  Can still be disappointed with having to lower the bar in the first place (as I am now, not yet having seen JWD, but knowing in advance its no masterpiece)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Jurassic rating time for me

Jurassic Park - 10/10

The Lost World Jurassic Park - 10/10

Jurassic Park III - 7/10

Jurassic World - 10/10

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 10/10

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous - 8/10

Jurassic World: Dominion - 10/10

This series has the most rewatchable movies to me. I literally watch them every chance I get - be it on streaming, TV, etc.

Youre even more forgiving than i am!

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

lookin forward to the book of babu on disney+

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, M37 said:

If you go in expecting every movie to expected to be wowed ... won't the ultimate result just be a lot of misery? Having reasonable, lowered expectations allows for those to be met and lead to a more enjoyable experience.  Can still be disappointed with having to lower the bar in the first place (as I am now, not yet having seen JWD, but knowing in advance its no masterpiece)

For me, differentiating between high and low expectations for movies ive watched probably assured that i havend had a truly bad time at movie theaters since 2016.

7 minutes ago, M37 said:

Fan-people need to learn how to deal with complicated emotions and yes, critique the things that they love and NOT lower their expectations of good storytelling.  I don't lower my bar for anything -- I expect people with hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal and years of development to be able to turn out quality entertainment.  There are multiple other movies out there right now, some big, some small, which do successfully prove that it can be done.  

Edited by Macleod