Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

10 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

This is honestly one of the most absurd hates I have ever seen. People are just gonna hate no matter what...

Dawg, I just don't think he's a good actor. If you enjoy him and think he's a charismatic guy, then that's awesome and I'm happy for you. But I don't think disliking a popular actor who is richer than I will ever be is anything too absurd or ridiculous

• Like 1

I dislike Trevorrow's work and I've just come in from a film of his that I didn't like, and have read the treatment of his that was self-evidently not very good.

And yet I STILL think he's have been a much better choice for ROS than JJ Abrams.

Abrams was UNIQUELY unsuited to the task. I might mock Pratt's magic hands, but it doesn't hold a candle to "somehow Palpatine returned" and "Rey Skywalker".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Hopefully they low-balled that Fri number for TGM, and actuals will be north of 15, close to 16m. Nice to see that 50m is the floor. Solid hold against a big opener. Either way it's hitting 400m and overtaking DS2 on Monday. Father's Day and 4th of July still to come...

A mid 50's hold would still be really good. We were all projecting a hold like this in an optmistic scenario just 2 days ago and no one was worried for the 600M landmark, I think we just loose track of reality a little bit.

3 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Dawg, I just don't think he's a good actor. If you enjoy him and think he's a charismatic guy, then that's awesome and I'm happy for you. But I don't think disliking a popular actor who is richer than I will ever be is anything too absurd or ridiculous

That is fair. I don't think that disliking him is absurd or ridiculous at all, but the reasons for the insane amount of hate on the guy by some people are normally pretty ridiculous. I think he is a really decent actor, especially in comic roles. But he is not super actor or something like that...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I dislike Trevorrow's work and I've just come in from a film of his that I didn't like, and have read the treatment of his that was self-evidently not very good.

And yet I STILL think he's have been a much better choice for ROS than JJ Abrams.

Abrams was UNIQUELY unsuited to the task. I might mock Pratt's magic hands, but it doesn't hold a candle to "somehow Palpatine returned" and "Rey Skywalker".

Which is why I sincerely hope Abrams does not return to the Star Trek Universe with another imitation TOS film. Afraid he will do some stupid shit like that. And I did not really like a lot of what he did with his First Star Trek film.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

TROS>>Dominion imo lol. TROS isn't good but you can tell it was from the Disney mandated reshoots and edits, Dominion's just the way it is because Trev sucks.

I would have taken Duel of the Fates a million times over the dumpster fire known as The Rise of Skywalker.

Just now, dudalb said:

Which is why I sincerely hope Abrams does not return to the Star Trek Universe with another imitation TOS film. Afraid he will do some stupid shit like that. And I did not really like a lot of what he did with his First Star Trek film.

Lets be honest though, you really don't like anything... I am not a JJ fan but his reboot of Star Trek was pretty decent at the time. The follow up was still decent quality. 

The first Jurassic World is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I know that's an unpopular opinion and I know people will lecture me about how I'm obviously wrong and that I should treat is as just a brainless blockbuster. Of course the thing is that I wish it was a brainless blockbuster instead of the ugly, mean-spirited garbage I got. Either way, there is absolutely no fathomable way a guy who made a movie as idiotic and moronic and lifeless as Jurassic World could make something better than what we got with TROS.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well, I never really gave it much thought, but doing so now... JWD is better than RotS so it's certainly possible. It would've been bad too though most likely.

I’m loving the divided opinion. There’s definitely a pleasing ton of respect on this forum for the wide ranging reactions to this movie. As it should be. 

I can’t be bringing up that galaxy far far away as the mods will step in, but I definitely believe JWD is a better movie if it’s directed by JA Bayona, let alone JJ. 

Mods, why can’t we have a spoiler thread for JWD?!?! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Anyone who has read the script for Trevorrows Episode IX knows that it would have probably been a bad movie as well. But the difference is imo that it would still have been a movie that tried a lot harder to be an actual finale to the 9-Movie-Saga.

Instead weve got "Somehow Palpatine returns".

poe.jpg

• Haha 1