Eric S'ennui

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

Just now, filmlover said:

This just lacked any really good dinosaur attack sequences though. Even the demise of Campbell Scott's Not Jeff Bezos wasn't satisfying because it was a lame homage to Nedry's in the original.

This is also probably my biggest problem with the movie: A lack of deaths and even when they happen, they were underwhelming. I really wanted that blond woman in Malta to die as well.

Dodgons' death was not good. Im totally fine with the Dilophosaurus's killing him, but it cuts away too early! You can at least one brutal death in your movie without risking the R-Rating surely.

That news report was just as bad the second time. Wtf. 

The Dodgson cover-up makes a little more sense if you really listen intently to the exchanges he has, but it’s still not great. 

I actually had quite a decent time with it second time over. A coming to terms, and enjoying what’s good in it. I can live with it as it is, but it could and should have been so much better. 

48 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

This is also probably my biggest problem with the movie: A lack of deaths and even when they happen, they were underwhelming. I really wanted that blond woman in Malta to die as well.

Dodgons' death was not good. Im totally fine with the Dilophosaurus's killing him, but it cuts away too early! You can at least one brutal death in your movie without risking the R-Rating surely.

Apparently Santos's character was going to die by one of the Atrociraptors turning on her lol. 

That's like 3rd death scene that has been not included in these movies. 

Fallen Kingdom - Caretaker's death and an Electrician's death. 

Dominion - Santos's 

I don't know what goes into minds of these people who make such decision, one of the crowd pleasing aspects of Fallen Kingdom was hilarious Villains death, Santos getting killed by her own raptors would be another one. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Apparently Santos's character was going to die by one of the Atrociraptors turning on her lol. 

That's like 3rd death scene that has been not included in these movies. 

Fallen Kingdom - Caretaker's death and an Electrician's death. 

Dominion - Santos's 

I don't know what goes into minds of these people who make such decision, one of the crowd pleasing aspects of Fallen Kingdom was hilarious Villains death, Santos getting killed by her own raptors would be another one. 

The kills or lack there of is big gaffe in a movie that's already boring as fuck with it's dino mayhem. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I was never bothered by Zara's death other than that it seemed strange that they gave a character whose biggest crime was...being completely disinterested in her job and on her phone all the time?...the kind of drawn-out, over-the-top death that's usually reserved for bad guys. Assume material that would've made the character easier for audiences to loathe ended up on the cutting room floor.

Jurassic World was low-key hilarious in a Michael Bay-esque way and the nanny was clearly one of the farce characters. 

• Like 2

I see that, as if often does, it's about  how many plotholes and stupidities you can tolerate before it hurts your enjoyment of the film.

People have different levels.

SOme people are happy lots of dinosaurs chasing people; others demand a bit more. I have not seent he film, bur pretty sure I am in the latter camp.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The kills or lack there of is big gaffe in a movie that's already boring as fuck with it's dino mayhem. 

If you were expecting this to be a horror move with lots of gore, forget it. Was never going to happen. A JP film will never be a slasher film with dinos.

Kids love dinosaurs, and Universal is not goint to make a JP film that will makes parents hesistent about letting their kids see it because of the violence level. 

Not trying to defend the movie, but you are not going to get hard core dino mayhem in a JP film. Youi don't want to scare the kids and famalies away.

Edited by dudalb

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If you were expecting this to be a horror move with lots of gore, forget it. Was never going to happen. A JP film will never be a slasher film with dinos.

Kids love dinosaurs, and Universal is not goint to make a JP film that will makes parents hesistent about letting their kids see it because of the violence level. 

Not trying to defend the movie, but you are not going to get hard core dino mayhem in a JP film. Youi don't want to scare the kids and famalies away.

No. But, dude gets ripped in half and shared between dinos in the last one. Girl infamously has a brutal death in JW1 too. There are others too. They intentionally avoided any/all like this... Heck... Think of the kills in the JP1, JP2, JP3 as well. This one avoided them more than any other JP or JW has done before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No. But, dude gets ripped in half and shared between dinos in the last one. Girl infamously has a brutal death in JW1 too. There are others too. They intentionally avoided any/all like this... Heck... Think of the kills in the JP1, JP2, JP3 as well. This one avoided them more than any other JP or JW has done before.

You have to wonder if they did not get some negative feedback from some parents about those scenes and decided to go easy on the violence in this one.

Look, personally I would love to see the franchise go darker , but I also know that is not going to happen. The kid/family audience is just to important to them in terms of ticket sales for them to endanger it.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You have to wonder if they did not get some negative feedback from some parents about those scenes and decided to go easy on the violence in this one.

Look, personally I would love to see the franchise go darker , but I also know that is not going to happen. The kid/family audience is just to important to them in terms of ticket sales for them to endanger it.

It's not going to sell as many tickets as all but 4 JP movies. All 4 of which had a decent, memorable kill or two including the last two Jurassic World movies.

Im softening up to Dominions soundtrack. Its better than Fallen Kingdoms imo. Especially the Malta tracks are really good and a joy to listen to for me.

I would rank the JP movies soundtracks so:

01. Jurassic Park - Nothing beats that original score by John Williams.

02. The Lost World - John Williams. You cant beat him, its unfair.

03. Jurassic World - A damn good score.

04. Dominion - first i thought its the weakest, but after hearing it a lot and thinking about it, it really is solid.

05. Jurassic Park 3 - solid score with some highlights, but also some very by-the-numbers tracks

06. Fallen Kingdom - Not bad, but apart from the Indoraptor theme no standouts

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

The only negative feedback they got about it was Snowflakes behaving like burnt locusts on Zara's death in JW.

And Colin ended up doing a huge mistake of listening to Vocal Minority.

Jurassic World has the most deaths than any Jurassic movie and it is the biggest hit of franchise after Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Im softening up to Dominions soundtrack. Its better than Fallen Kingdoms imo. Especially the Malta tracks are really good and a joy to listen to for me.

I would rank the JP movies soundtracks so:

01. Jurassic Park - Nothing beats that original score by John Williams.

02. The Lost World - John Williams. You cant beat him, its unfair.

03. Jurassic World - A damn good score.

04. Dominion - first i thought its the weakest, but after hearing it a lot and thinking about it, it really is solid.

05. Jurassic Park 3 - solid score with some highlights, but also some very by-the-numbers tracks

06. Fallen Kingdom - Not bad, but apart from the Indoraptor theme no standouts

Eh, I think Lost World ranks pretty low. One of Williams' weaker efforts. The main theme isn't really that great, and underplaying the original themes was a poor decision. Just surprisingly anonymous for one of his works. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

The first half of this movie is so boring. It picks up at some point, but man... Dinos are not a real threat here, they simply do not want to eat anything it seems? What is up with the awful editing, it should get Razzies. Giga simply roaring at people and being slow as a turtle? It was not threatening, some bits were laughable.

I think I hate this movie and will probably not see it again for a couple of years. JP is probably my fav movie ever and I even get enjoyment out of JP3. This is depressing, it could have been so much better and FK was bad as well. This director should be distanced from this franchise as he obviously had a lot of help with Jurassic World, a fraud. 

I am disgusted, the taste this movie left when it promised so much more. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 11:56 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

It straight up blew my mind just how flat the action was in the movie. Like by far the least interesting action beats in any Jurassic movie. And, this being the Jurassic flick with the most dinos and they're all over the planet. Just outright depressing while watching.

Have to disagree. The motor chase through Malta was well-done, so was everything from the plane eject sequence to the end of Claire swimming away from that giant ostrich thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

Have to disagree. The motor chase through Malta was well-done, so was everything from the plane eject sequence to the end of Claire swimming away from that giant ostrich thing. 

Fun fact, the plane eject sequence was simulated by using footage of Bryce Dallas Howard on the Velocicoaster. It's a really good rollercoaster btw highly recommend it.

I find it hilarious that best part of movies was least Jurassic thing about it, The Malta and Underground..... It was Mission Impossible with Dinosaurs. 

And the most Jurassic and Chrichton thing about it the Locust plot was by far the worst thing and single biggest reason of its not so good WOM. 

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Wish I could agree. The Malta stuff would fit right in that last Bourne film that wasn't very fun. The plane eject sequence was something out of Transporter 2 except not as fun even as that goofy scene. I liked the shot of the dino's head above the water while Claire was hiding underwater and holding her breath... That's it though outta that sequence.

Was reading about the original movie and two tidbits I never knew before:

- Jim Carrey auditioned for Malcolm and apparently got really close.

- They had planned to film a Sam Jackson raptor chase sequence but a storm destroyed the set so in the end they just had the bloody arm fakeout.

Edited by Hatebox