Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

8 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Can someone explain to me where this whole bear rape joke came from? Not once does it look like the bear is raping him in the actual movie, so who the fuck started this childish internet meme? 

haha yeah it did, it was an aggressive rape though.

Yeah, I meant his two very different roles in Legend (I haven't seen Max recently).

IT DID very much look like a no-lube rape at one point. A whole row of imbeciles at my showing started chortling for a good minute or two...

But it was a FEMALE bear. So it CAN'T be rape!! Feminism! :)

Edited by shayhiri

On 1/17/2016 at 7:42 PM, Total Treecall said:

So it wasn't that bad. A bit boring and totally pointless story, didn't care about any of the characters... however, this may be because I fell asleep for 20 minutes, ignoring the most important scenes in the film. So I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and not complain.

Cinematography was incredible; the depth of the images, the landscapes and the portrayals of calm natural spaces and flowers and skies. The fort and the ruins and the rivers, everything looked gorgeous. Really effective sound design too.

Gleeson and Poulter were on top form as usual. Wasn't engaged by Ronnie Kray, and didn't find Leo's performance particularly effective, with some exceptional moments. Brownie points for trying though.

trash totally disagree

Edited by takerowns

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

I thought it was incredible. Atmospheric, visceral, uncompromising and utterly gorgeous. An experience quite unlike any other. It is the type of film cinemas and temples were made for. Excellent performances from DiCaprio and Hardy.

Near-masterpiece.

9/10

100% agree.

• Like 2