Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

45 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I just got out of the Revenant, and I just gotta say....

Wow!  That was like a wet dream of technical goodness.  It was a transcendental experience that left my eyes glued to the screen and the slow mesmerizing shots.  It made me want to rip a raw liver out of a buffalo and bite a big chunk out of it, so I too could understand like Leo understands.

Theres so much raw power in the movie, and when you just let go, and embrace it, it all makes sense.  It becomes an awakening revelation.

You may think I'm up talking this movie too much, but this artwork deserves to be watched in a temple.  Innaritu gets it.

Masterpiece.

:kitschjob:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I just got out of the Revenant, and I just gotta say....

Wow!  That was like a wet dream of technical goodness.  It was a transcendental experience that left my eyes glued to the screen and the slow mesmerizing shots.  It made me want to rip a raw liver out of a buffalo and bite a big chunk out of it, so I too could understand like Leo understands.

Theres so much raw power in the movie, and when you just let go, and embrace it, it all makes sense.  It becomes an awakening revelation.

You may think I'm up talking this movie too much, but this artwork deserves to be watched in a temple.  Innaritu gets it.

Masterpiece.

:WHATanabe: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, I must be really desensitized then.  I didn't find any of those other scenes difficult to watch at all.  I guess that says more about the films I have seen though.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Wow, I must be really desensitized then.  I didn't find any of those other scenes difficult to watch at all.  I guess that says more about the films I have seen though.  

I feel I'm pretty desensitized having seen movies like Martyrs or august underground but something about this just captured the realism of it all, just to survive.  I really felt like I was out there.  Maybe that's why it felt so intense.  That bear scene.  My God.  Just brutal.  Just the whole way of life out there was just crazy.  Add in the soundtrack, great acting, and amazing camera work and it got me.  I gotta see it again, but for me it was one of the more immersive experiences on film.  I loved it.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, holcs said:

I feel I'm pretty desensitized having seen movies like Martyrs or august underground but something about this just captured the realism of it all, just to survive.  I really felt like I was out there.  Maybe that's why it felt so intense.  That bear scene.  My God.  Just brutal.  Just the whole way of life out there was just crazy.  Add in the soundtrack, great acting, and amazing camera work and it got me.  I gotta see it again, but for me it was one of the more immersive experiences on film.  I loved it.  

As someone who has also seen Martyrs, I agree.

14 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I thought Leo was fantastic in this.  He didn't need to talk in order for us to know how he was feeling.

That's what I don't get.  Good acting doesn't require words.  Sure, you need words in a story to move along plot and such, but a good actor should still be able to convey the same ideas as the words without using them.  Words don't make good performances, sure some scripts can make it easier to give a performance (or a whole lot harder), but they're secondary to the actors goals.

If you ever watch a foreign language film, you can tell a great performance from a typical one, because you'll still get most of the ideas of the actors character through their performance (even if subtitles are off and you don't understand them).

Leo was captivating, he sold the story with his actions, face, and eyes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I did give it a positive grade, actually. :P I just don't get the across-the-board praise though.

It's all good, it's always amazing how dramatically different reactions to the same movie can be. :) 

You just did that out of fear. Panda can be a frightening individual.

• Like 3