Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

It'll probably finish with $160 million domestically. I'm rooting for this movie to win best picture, even though it wasn't my favorite film of the year. The beautiful visuals, powerful acting and intensity blown me away in the theater. If it wins, it'll probably be like Gladiator and Braveheart winning. My favorite film of the year is Inside Out and Mad Max (tie).

• Like 1

On 2/2/2016 at 4:25 AM, movieboner said:

It'll probably finish with $160 million domestically. I'm rooting for this movie to win best picture, even though it wasn't my favorite film of the year. The beautiful visuals, powerful acting and intensity blown me away in the theater. If it wins, it'll probably be like Gladiator and Braveheart winning. My favorite film of the year is Inside Out and Mad Max (tie).

It'll be over 160 my next weekend itself

On 2/1/2016 at 4:48 PM, shayhiri said:

Tele, I have a difficult question for you:

WHICH 2015 MOVIE STARRING TOM HARDY IS YOUR FAVOURITE?? (think hard)

Hardy in Mad Max was better than Leo here.

I mean, both don't do a whole lot more than grunt and be in pain for two hours. :lol: And Hardy's great at that! :P

How The Revenant Went From "Living Hell" to Worldwide Hit.

Interesting article about the business/marketing aspect of the movie. It name-checks Gone Girl and American Sniper as the other 2 recent outside the box big hits and really the main thing all 3 have in common is that the "money" people behind them, treated them and market them as big studio movies. Compare that to the half-assed semi wide releases of Everest and Sicario or the "lets put them in limited release and let the award bloggers do our marketing job" strategy of most oscar movies. 

• Like 1