Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Just now, filmlover said:

I mean, Tom McCarthy is clearly doing everything he can not to burst into laughter as she walks by. This needs to be the new default "Judging You" gif.

Tom Hardy is doing an even more hateful expression than Inarritu. 

I actually agree with you. Tom McCarthy is trying not to laugh :lol: 

I can't be bothered to find the link, but there's a video of that which goes on longer: apparently it was a good-natured prank and they all started smiling and clapping in the end. This is not the outrage you're looking for.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2016 at 10:05 AM, RichWS said:

get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypdecider.files.w

Like I needed another reason to dislike the dude.

I was thinking about this and how it is to be gracious when there's an award or competition on the line. Anyone can be gracious in victory. It's easy at that point to praise your competitors because you have the proof in prize. It's far harder to be gracious in defeat. Inarritu isn't especially gracious in either, but as this shows especially not in the latter.

I wonder if Inarritu realizes that his award was pretty much entirely contingent on having Di Caprio playing the part of Hugh Glass. If not for that, and the whole narrative about how Leo is due, he wouldn't have gotten the directing award. Lubezki might have gotten cinematography, but I'm not sure even about that. Without Leo, The Revenant wouldn't have had the wide swath of nominations.

• Like 1

Inarritu looks like the only guy in there who's being pissy. Robert Richardson and Tom McCarthy look like they're really digging her jacket, the others' expressions are more neutral than anything, and they all applauded once she got on the stage. There's zero reason entire articles should be written about this but that's the internet in 2016 I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Inarritu looks like the only guy in there who's being pissy. Robert Richardson and Tom McCarthy look like they're really digging her jacket, the others' expressions are more neutral than anything, and they all applauded once she got on the stage. There's zero reason entire articles should be written about this but that's the internet in 2016 I guess.

I haven't seen any articles written on this, just "highlights" mentions.

Most of the people the people in that gif just look bored TBH. I'm guessing Inarritu was one of those people who was becoming actively annoyed with all the #OscarSoWhite stuff (which I think is what contributed to low ratings than anything else since it's ALL we heard about over the 6 weeks between the announcement of the nominees and the actual ceremony).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

I was thinking about this and how it is to be gracious when there's an award or competition on the line. Anyone can be gracious in victory. It's easy at that point to praise your competitors because you have the proof in prize. It's far harder to be gracious in defeat. Inarritu isn't especially gracious in either, but as this shows especially not in the latter.

I wonder if Inarritu realizes that his award was pretty much entirely contingent on having Di Caprio playing the part of Hugh Glass. If not for that, and the whole narrative about how Leo is due, he wouldn't have gotten the directing award. Lubezki might have gotten cinematography, but I'm not sure even about that. Without Leo, The Revenant wouldn't have had the wide swath of nominations.

Agree. Same goes for Box office. I doubt this movie would get that much pre-release hype if not for Leo. They wouldn't have got that budget either to shoot in natural light. 

20 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Cmon i think you are reading way too much into this. He could have been thinking about ways to kill extras in his next movie.

The official Chinese premiere of The Revenant doesn’t actually take place until Sunday, but the film has already snared big box office since bowing in local theaters on Friday. The first day’s gross came in at about $11M, and with another $13M or so on Saturday, it’s set up for what’s expected to be a $30M+ weekend. The start for the Alejandro G Inarritu-helmed frontier revenge tale is a rare feat for an R-rated Hollywood pic — not many secure China releases or open quite so hot. Oscar-winning star Leonardo DiCaprio, affectionately adored by locals as “Little Lee,” will attend the Beijing premiere tomorrow.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/the-revenant-china-box-office-opening-weekend-leonardo-dicaprio-1201723193/

• Like 2