Eric Prime

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

They aren't all jaded and negative, Eric. 

Dude, I'm not being negative. I'm not saying young people don't like going out to the movies. I'm just saying people are doing this TikTok trend and heading to the movies to shitpost and have some goofy fun. This is all because TikTokers are being silly and doing a joke, and that's how I view it as, not as people dying to get together to see a Minions movie., If you disagree, that's fine. But please stop putting words in my mouth.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric the Minion said:

Dude, I'm not being negative. I'm not saying young people don't like going out to the movies. I'm just saying people are doing this TikTok trend and heading to the movies to shitpost and have some goofy fun. This is all because TikTokers are being silly and doing a joke, and that's how I view it as, not as people dying to get together to see a Minions movie., If you disagree, that's fine. But please stop putting words in my mouth.

Stop putting words in my mouth.  I never said they were dying to go see a Minions movie, and it's obviously a joke and people being goofy having fun.  The larger point is that this is an example of people (kids and young adults in this case) wanting to get out and live life and have a good time in large groups.  One of the ways that people have ALWAYS done that since the early 1900's is go to the movies.  

It's hard evidence that sitting at home by yourself streaming is not the future of the human race.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Stop putting words in my mouth.  I never said they were dying to go see a Minions movie, and it's obviously a joke and people being goofy having fun.  The larger point is that this is an example of people (kids and young adults in this case) wanting to get out and live life and have a good time in large groups.  One of the ways that people have ALWAYS done that since the early 1900's is go to the movies.  

It's hard evidence that sitting at home by yourself streaming is not the future of the human race.  

Cool. Glad all that is clarified from both of us.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dont know about you, but i think this suit meme for Minions is pretty hilarious.

"Teens across the country seeing the new Minions movie dressed up like they're going to prom" is certainly not something that was on my 2022 bingo card, that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dont know about you, but i think this suit meme for Minions is pretty hilarious.

As long as the meme draw people to cinema, i am good. They can even be naked to attend fifty shade of grey sequel (if any) screening all they want as long as they see film on big screen.

Size matters.

• Haha 1

From Deadline Hollywood:

A fifth animated movie about annoying, high-pitched, frantic little beetles who many in the industry thought could under-deliver over the July 4th weekend is doing exactly the opposite of that as Illumination/Universal’s Minions: The Rise of Gru is hauling in some serious cash with a $109.5M 3-day, and $129.2M 4-day. The expected worldwide debut of $196.6M ($202.1M with holdovers) is decimating our earlier projection of $150M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1