charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

3 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

There is nothing worse and terrible than the cheap, lame gimmick of "LOL LOOK AT THIS KIDS CHARACTER ALL EDGY AND SCARY"

Feel like this is a smart way for going public domain. No way Disney even comes close to suing over this.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I don't understand why the one person who had access to early numbers had to be like the mean little kid from The Twillight Zone episode where everyone was scared of him and had to think happy thoughts.

Bill Mumy, later of Will Robinson fame on Lost in Space, who then grew up and became a comics writer, composer and regular at SDCC with his band Seduction of the Innocent!

That TZ episode scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. :tvscared:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not quite TL/DR - Black Widow is a huge little girl draw and suffered highly from the D+ release and the state of Covid.  None of the other 4 are huge "kid-drawing" properties.  

Other known huge kid draws are Spidey and Iron Man.    

And the overall Avengers team.

I would have thought that with the pandemic, BW would have lost of lot families to D+ … but apparently not. Rather it was the adults who were staying home instead 

Edited by M37

55 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

Is that actually a thing? Is this a Minions trend?

This is a sincere question. Is Thorsday really a thing? Like honestly are the Marvel loonies really of the mindset that they would go see the movie on Thursday simply for that reason? 

56 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

Is that actually a thing? Is this a Minions trend?

I asked the same question. 

Btw can you check you pm?

9 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

$44.4M with Ant-Man&The Wasp multiplier.

With Minions doing just over 5 million for Thursday, I'm thinking maybe 26 million for the weekend. What are your thoughts?

On a side note, I swear I feel like I'm in school again LOL it's been so long since I've paid attention to multipliers internal multipliers opening weekends holidays affecting certain bumps Tuesday increases Wednesday declines I feel like I'm a rookie all over again in some ways LOL it's certainly taking me a few months to get back up to speed.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

This is a sincere question. Is Thorsday really a thing? Like honestly are the Marvel loonies really of the mindset that they would go see the movie on Thursday simply for that reason? 

As one of the resident Marvel loonies, it’s not a thing in my circle. I do imagine there’s SOME level of “Oh it’s Thorsday haha we should wait until then to see it!” But it’s minute compared to the concerted Minions trend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Juby said:

I'd say 0.9% chance TGM is hitting $700m. There's no word about any re-release, re-issue, or even expansion for Labor Day weekend so far. Probability of hitting $700m based on current numbers and film's condition so far is smaller than finishing under Titanic's $659.4m.

Even hitting $675-680m by the end of September (it won't happen Imho) will means the re-release will have to gross more than $20 million... for a 2022 film... available on Blu-ray/ UHD/ DVD/ streaming, etc. That's just impossible. Even Endgame (+$800m monster hit) due to #BringBackEvent added like $14-16 million to its potential final gross, and it was still fresh film, without home releases and before D+. Maybe some Extended Edition in 10 years from now can pull of +$20 million from theaters, not the very same film released again this, or the next year.

With average 33% weekly drops from now on, TGM will be at around $651 million before LD weekend. Without any expansion, it might finish under Jurassic World ($653.4m).

$700M is a stretch but $650M is absurd. TG2 made 40% more than No way home on its 7th weekend. From there NWH made another $69M. That would put TG2 at $666M but if it keeps playing 40% above NWH then TG2 would make $695M. Not saying it will though, NWH had incredible late legs but keep in mind it's a summer release meaning it has better weekdays. On monday and tuesday TG2 made 225% of what NWH made on the exact same days.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

-12% drop from Wednesday was a bit harsh considering the competition from newcomers on preview night is way less significant.

Also, I think we will have a weekdays thread with number of pages come in more than a weekend thread. 

Just now, titanic2187 said:

-12% drop from Wednesday was a bit harsh considering the competition from newcomers on preview night is way less significant.

Also, I think we will have a weekdays thread with number of pages come in more than a weekend thread. 

Tg dropped 20 per 

5 hours ago, Juby said:

I'd say 0.9% chance TGM is hitting $700m. There's no word about any re-release, re-issue, or even expansion for Labor Day weekend so far. Probability of hitting $700m based on current numbers and film's condition so far is smaller than finishing under Titanic's $659.4m.

Even hitting $675-680m by the end of September (it won't happen Imho) will means the re-release will have to gross more than $20 million... for a 2022 film... available on Blu-ray/ UHD/ DVD/ streaming, etc. That's just impossible. Even Endgame (+$800m monster hit) due to #BringBackEvent added like $14-16 million to its potential final gross, and it was still fresh film, without home releases and before D+. Maybe some Extended Edition in 10 years from now can pull of +$20 million from theaters, not the very same film released again this, or the next year.

With average 33% weekly drops from now on, TGM will be at around $651 million before LD weekend. Without any expansion, it might finish under Jurassic World ($653.4m).

Probably had the same 0.9% chance of hitting 600m and here we are.  Could you remind me how much Titanic did on re-release? That would rip your impossible argument to shreds. If Paramount is not going to anything with the gold ticket that they probably get once every decade than you might be right. That will be on them. There is so much they can do. Re-release with extra footage, chrome version, director's cut, 3D release if they wanted to.  700m is happening. Maybe not this year but at some point. Book it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Probably had the same 0.9% chance of hitting 600m and here we are.  Could you remind me how much Titanic did on re-release? That would rip your impossible argument to shreds. If Paramount is not going to anything with the gold ticket that they probably get once every decade than you might be right. That will be on them. There is so much they can do. Re-release with extra footage, chrome version, director's cut, 3D release if they wanted to.  700m is happening. Maybe not this year but at some point. Book it.

Check thurday numbers it dropped almost 50 per from last week.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

what colour is greater than purple? I need someone who is red or something to look further than 18 hours into the future and tell me how much Thor will make.

Anything between 45 to 50m