XXR vs XXR

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever — International Box Office Thread

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Interstellar did break out huge in Korea. I would think Asian audience to be emotionally more attached. Action in an MCU movie is given. I dont think there would be lack of that in this. Its however a long movie. It does not have NWH kind of buildup towards huge appearance of audience favs. So there will be enough action to keep audience hooked. 

Interstellar was also Nolan + Space visual. Emotion works great in Asia sure but emotion should connect too. Most of bad the reviews I saw on Megabox are saying it boring.

The Black lead factor isn't gonna travel well in most of Asia too. 

Egg drops further to 83%

• Like 1

9 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

BP opened to $179M in same markets unadj for ER, inflation and UK 3 days vs 5 days for BP. Adj for inflation, ER and UK it would be $148M approx.

This will be targeting $140M ish 

$140-150M possible. A big decline from BP 1 will come in Korea and some minor drops in other Asian markets but that should be neutralised by gains in Europe, India, LATAM etc. 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
17 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think those come from Disney. cc @Shawn ?

15 hours ago, Shawn said:

Good question, I'll check. They didn't specify anything domestic or international in their traditional curtain raiser email, but it's possible they gave some to the trades if prompted. (They gave me a domestic range after I already asked for that one.)

Doesn't sound like they got them from Disney, unless two studio sources gave very different numbers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmbbox2390 said:

What did the first one do opening day?

It made 470k and it strangely came out on a Wednesday also in that case. So we can obviously expect a better opening but naturally also worse legs, while for the final total we'll see but I think it will be slightly higher

3 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

How is the word of mouth in some of these big markets like France and italy?

Here we already have some reviews and in general they say it's a good movie with a touching start but not as good as the first, in particular "it's slightly too long and some action scenes could have been better", while Namor and his kingdom were appreciated by everyone

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1