XXR vs XXR

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever — International Box Office Thread

The previous one was released 2 months before Inifnity War - You have to go to cinema if You want to see all the MCU flicks before the big finale. This one is before nothing and people know it will be on Disney+ probably on January.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think there's no doubt that Infinty War was the main reason for big boxoffice and without such bump the franchise reverted to normal levels. Thefeore, The Marvels expectations should be adjusted since CM benefited from Endgame.

Black Panther at least is an established MCU character; Captain Marvel is not even that. When WF is dropping by 30-32% from BP, expect The Marvels to drop by at least 40-50%.

Edited by Factcheck

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I think there's no doubt that Infinty War was the main reason for big boxoffice and without such bump the franchise reverted to normal levels. Thefeore, The Marvels expectations should be adjusted since CM benefited from Endgame.

Infinity war was not the main reason but one of the main reason. BP was a cultural phenomenon because it connected with lot of people. Wakanda forever has few reasons why the gross is low main reason being no Chadwick and trouble with production n all 

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Infinity war was not the main reason but one of the main reason. BP was a cultural phenomenon because it connected with lot of people. Wakanda forever has few reasons why the gross is low main reason being no Chadwick and trouble with production n all 

"No T'challa" factor was negated by the T'Challa tribute factor. The official WF poster tweet had 1.8 million+ likes; the Marvels won't even get 1/5th of the WF likes. When with all this hype WF is grossing just 375 million, then I don't think it will be easy for The Marvels to cross 300M OS.

14 hours ago, Factcheck said:

"No T'challa" factor was negated by the T'Challa tribute factor. The official WF poster tweet had 1.8 million+ likes; the Marvels won't even get 1/5th of the WF likes. When with all this hype WF is grossing just 375 million, then I don't think it will be easy for The Marvels to cross 300M OS.

Yeah I agree that marvels will drop significantly no doubt but WF had too many factors going against it. 

16 hours ago, Nero said:

It was cultural phenomenon dom only. Not OS. OS was IW driven. OS doesn't care about American culture specifics which is why Peele flops OS for example. I'm talking about OS only hence a bit of confusion. BP made less OS than dom and that ratio was always going to be a problem going forward. Franchises grow mostly thanks to OS so if a movie skews dom that can point at potential lack of growth OS in the future. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1