setna

Weekday numbers 7-26 to 7-29

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

But tickets are twice as much now, so is it really something to brag about? Tickets in my area start at 15 for seniors and children and 18 for adults now. Imax is $24 for an adult. It's getting ridiculous. 

Comscore estimates ATP was 10.17 in 2021 so add 9% on top of that and you're looking at a ~22% increase over 2017 prices. 

My back of envelope exchange rate/inflation "hold tickets sold steady" adjustment has Thor:Ragnarok at 732M WW in the same markets as L&T minus Hong Kong, Taiwan and 3 smaller eastern european nations so let's say the mark to tie Ragnarok is ~740M WW.  

I don't know if it's something to brag about, but it's still semi-analogous to Iron Man 2: weaker reception to a breakout hit leading to roughly the same numbers overall. 

6 hours ago, Eric the Superdog said:

If Nope follows Black Phone's first week, we get about a first week of 63.5M and a second weekend of...let's say 21.8M. Black Phone had a low Saturday jump and high Sunday hold because of the holiday stuff, so I'm kind of improvising here.

@WrathOfHan I hate it when you're right lol 🙃

185.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Nice, that's looking very likely that this 700m bogey is getting LOCKED.

Still needs a 7.25x multiplier from last weekend, so it will probably be touch and go seeing how it plays out through August.

What the hell is going on with Paramount and TGM?

Why no announcement about a TGM expansion yet? I would expand on the weekend right before Labor Day weekend for that final push over $700M, waiting too long is very dangerous because of the digital release which can't be too far away.

Still annoyed Sony put NWH on labor day, hogging up all the screens. That rerelease is totally bombing because the movie just came out last Dec and all the diehards already have it on 4k already. Same stupid SONY that expanded Moribus for some goddamn reason.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

What the hell is going on with Paramount and TGM?

Why no announcement about a TGM expansion yet? I would expand on the weekend right before Labor Day weekend for that final push over $700M, waiting too long is very dangerous because of the digital release which can't be too far away.

Still annoyed Sony put NWH on labor day and hogging up all the screens, that's going totally bomb because the movie just came out last Dec and all the diehards already have it on 4k already. Same SONY that expanded Moribus for some goddamn reason.

its still in 3,000 theaters they would not announce anything like IMAX or special bonus edition until week before

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

its Aug 23rd , though Amazon which had the date 2 weeks ago, has since removed it

Digital release shouldn't impact TGM too much. Physical video release will though.

It was the dvd release that ended NWH's run. It had a massive weekend drop right before the dvd came out.

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Digital release shouldn't impact TGM too much. Physical video release will though.

It was the dvd release that ended NWH's run. It had a massive weekend drop right before the dvd came out.

physical disc won't be out until to late September /October at  the earliest , Paramount + is more likely first before appearing on bluray, Sonic 2 isn't even on bluray for 2 more weeks

17 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Next target for Top Gun: Maverick’s DOM gross, is Jurassic World’s $653M & Titanic’s $659M.

Which would soon put TGM as the 7th highest grossing film DOM, off all time and as Paramount’s biggest hit to date.

I hope those who (rightfully) loves Titanic, doesn’t get too sad or heartbroken if Top Gun 2 eventually outgrosses it. 💁🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Can´t be, Titanic adjusted is almost double...

14 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Nice, that's looking very likely that this 700m bogey is getting LOCKED.

we have to wait a little bit more, i think Avengers is almost locked, but everything depends of the drops of the next 4 weeks...