setna

Weekday numbers 7-26 to 7-29

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Any reason why holds are so much stronger this week all around? Even Thor seems to have stablized well

The only major release is a family film, which has limited impact on the adult film product, particularly on Thursday when it made just $2.2M.  We should see strong holds across the board this weekend

9 minutes ago, M37 said:

The only major release is a family film, which has limited impact on the adult film product, particularly on Thursday when it made just $2.2M.  We should see strong holds across the board this weekend

Yeah but even Mo-Wednesday of this week were really good especially for Thor compared to last week

1 minute ago, BruiseCruise said:

Yeah but even Mo-Wednesday of this week were really good especially for Thor compared to last week

The last 3 weeks of releases: Super Pets, Nope, Crawdads, Paws. Each of these are more niche audiences than GA, so with new options lacking, the holdover slate gets a second look, and declines get smaller (just wait until Aug/Sept). The absence of downward pressure from the typical cannibalization cycle helps to raise the level of what is already in release

29 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The Tue increase and Wed drop were slightly better than last week, but I wouldn't consider it a particularly stronger week up to Thu. It's really only Thu that is considerably better, but that's most likely down to last Thu being more abrupt than normal with Nope previews (which started at 4PM, if I remember, and had an impact on Thor's late afternoon and evening numbers)...

23 hours ago, Jiffy said:

Everything really came together for that Day 58th gross to happen with it falling on Valentine's Day and being the Saturday after its record-tying Oscar nomination haul.

Speaking of E.T. though, I have been going through the Variety box office archives and it is fascinating to read the analysis about it happening in real time. 

The fact that Weeks 2-5 were all bigger than Week 1 and it was doing those $10m+ weekends when that was at OW-record level area is just insane. It seems by around Week 7 analysts knew Star Wars was going down.

Where do you find those archives, if I may ask?

49 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Where do you find those archives, if I may ask?

I access them using ProQuest with my library account. 

I have been saving the PDFs to a folder, though, so maybe if I have some time later I can share that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

TOP GUN: MAVERICK HIGHWAY TO $700M DAY 63

BLACK PANTHER: $34.5m ahead

TOP GUN 2 GAIN: +$0.9m

CURRENT SEA LEVEL: $665.3m

LOCK ON BOGEY: $703.2m

AVERAGE (LAST 36 DAYS): $683.73m (+0.08% YD)

The average and the current sea level is increasing and increasing every day, let´see if it´s enough to touch these 700... 

Avatar from day 63 did another 78 M, but for sure TGM won´t do that, so....will get another 59 more????

19 hours ago, Jiffy said:

I access them using ProQuest with my library account. 

I have been saving the PDFs to a folder, though, so maybe if I have some time later I can share that.

Ah I see. Yeah they sound interesting.