setna

Weekday numbers 7-26 to 7-29

18 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Need a good 20 per bump for tg today to compensate 19 per drop.  last Monday was almost flat followed by weak bump.

you will likely be disappointed, it gets small bump Tue , tiny drop  Wed

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 3

@The Dark Alfred @CaptNathanBrittles @Xavier

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/mission-impossible-7-budget-tom-cruise-1235173816/

This article goes into pretty good detail on the inflated budget (I'm pretty sure they're the initial source for the reported one). There's a bunch of problems COVID caused such as multiple shutdowns and entire location changes while keeping everyone on the payroll. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, baumer said:

Don't you think it's they had the number for Top Gun it would be posted? Do you think people are holding back any numbers on purpose?

Thanks for the class of humanity, we all need it in some moment.

7 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Crawdad doing Weeknd numbers on weekday.

Yeah, but the flip side is that it has much smaller increases into weekend (Thu/Fri).   That’s typical of a film that skews strongly to women, especially older

• Like 1

Next target for Top Gun: Maverick’s DOM gross, is Jurassic World’s $653M & Titanic’s $659M.

Which would soon put TGM as the 7th highest grossing film DOM, off all time and as Paramount’s biggest hit to date.

I hope those who (rightfully) loves Titanic, doesn’t get too sad or heartbroken if Top Gun 2 eventually outgrosses it. 💁🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

32 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

The muted Tuesday increases for TGM are an interesting trend.

I think the film’s sky high dependency on and appeal to older moviegoers are the reasons here. For them, there is little difference in going to a movie on a Monday or a Tuesday as they are both not during the weekend. Also, many of them are already taking advantage of either senior discounts or frequent movie attendance plans this the cheaper Tuesday tickets are of little benefit to them. It is figurative applying the slow and steady tortoise method to win the box office race, despite the film’s Mach 10 subject matter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Next target for Top Gun: Maverick’s DOM gross, is Jurassic World’s $653M & Titanic’s $659M.

Which would soon put TGM as the 7th highest grossing film DOM, off all time and as Paramount’s biggest hit to date.

I hope those who (rightfully) loves Titanic, doesn’t get too sad or heartbroken if Top Gun 2 eventually outgrosses it. 💁🏻‍♀️🙆🏻‍♀️

Cameron clearly wasn't happy about it, so secured a VD 2023 re-release lol That's another 25-30m shipping in. TGM needs to clear 700m to be safely ahead, which it will do. "I don't sail boats Penny, I land on them."

13 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Cameron clearly wasn't happy about it, so secured a VD 2023 re-release lol That's another 25-30m shipping in. TGM needs to clear 700m to be safely ahead, which it will do. "I don't sail boats Penny, I land on them."

I didn’t realise this Valentine’s Day re-release was in high frame rate?!?!

Very concerning he’s going ahead and adding frames that weren’t even captured for this. Avatar 2 will be different as he actually shot it at a higher frame rate, but Titanic?? Wtf is this going to look like?

https://deadline.com/2022/06/titanic-rerelease-date-remastered-version-james-cameron-1235050212/amp/

This after the disaster of the T2 3D release where they ended up using the DNR’d leftovers to put out on 4K UHD, with it being the most reviled film on the format. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Yeah i'm sure he decided before Maverick even opened that he would release it again to outgross it