Issac Newton

Weekend - 08/05-08/07 | Actuals: Bullet Train 30, Super Pets 11, Nope 8.5, Thor 7.7, Minions 7.1 | TGM sinks Titanic! 7th-biggest film DOM | Bodies Bodies Bodies earns 37.8K PTA

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Is that bad for BT really? It seems to be a dumb movie that everyone expects to be dumb..

mid-80s for an Audience RT score usually indicates a B Cinemascore. Which isn't great optics, especially for what was probably designed as a big crowdpleaser. But again, a dead August will probably help it and it's not so bad that it's end of the world stuff.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's playing at a lot of theaters near me next weekend so I imagine it's going pretty wide. At the very least should match the 1,400 theaters that Fall is being dumped in.

What I mean by semi-wide is that BBB appears be opening in all the major/Top ~100 markets, but (for some reason?) limited locations within those markets, as some theaters don't have tickets on sale until the 18/19th. Thinking it will be like fellow A24 release EEAAO's 3rd and 4th weekend, so 1200+ locations next week, will the full 2000+ rollout the week after

8 minutes ago, Eric the Tank Engine said:

mid-80s for an Audience RT score usually indicates a B Cinemascore. Which isn't great optics, especially for what was probably designed as a big crowdpleaser. But again, a dead August will probably help it and it's not so bad that it's end of the world stuff.

Lost City has an 83% audience score (don’t know where it fell on OW) and B+ CS, and legged out pretty well. I do get the sense from reviews there was hope it could have been better and fell short, but not in a turning off GA/casual viewers kind of way - just that it’s a more disposable, fine for what it, and not much coming behind it to knock it down to a 3rd/4th/5th option 

• Like 4

$4.6m is a solid number although that number is less impressive if you factor in EA. 

I always hope the last 3 originals tentpoles of the summer, namely nope , pets and BT can deliver a loud bang so that their staying power can at least spillover to the drought August and September but neither of which wow me. They are solid at most. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

$4.6m is a solid number although that number is less impressive if you factor in EA. 

I always hope the last 3 originals tentpoles of the summer, namely nope , pets and BT can deliver a loud bang so that their staying power can at least spillover to the drought August and September but neither of which wow me. They are solid at most. 

EA?

13.6M 10th week for TGM. Averaging about 17-18% drops for nearly 3 weeks now. If we assume same rate of depreciation, we're looking at a ~715M finish now. If EC is right about Paramount pushing it again next week and a possible LD expansion, it can go beyond that. Maybe even close to $730M. Looks like it's good for a $1.45B+ finish WW. 

• Like 2

I really want to know what made yall think that this movie will hit 30m? It didn't get good reviews and it won't get good cinemascore and the friday sales aren't good! Jatinder here is saying 27m. Hopefully yall will give up tmr. 

Eric can you pls not delete my comments? Just ban😦🥲😥😔

1 hour ago, Tokugennumataka said:

13.6M 10th week for TGM. Averaging about 17-18% drops for nearly 3 weeks now. If we assume same rate of depreciation, we're looking at a ~715M finish now. If EC is right about Paramount pushing it again next week and a possible LD expansion, it can go beyond that. Maybe even close to $730M. Looks like it's good for a $1.45B+ finish WW. 

So 700 is possible without any imax labour day push

14 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Early Fri estimates, studio sources:

BT 12.3 (w previews)

Pets 3.5

Nope 2.3

Thor 2.0

Minions 2.0

Easter 1.8

Holdover Projections

Super Pets: 12.5M (-43%)

Nope: 7.5M (-60%)

Thor: 6.9M (haha) (-48%)

Minions: 6.8M (-40%)

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Zoinks, these IMs keep getting worse and worse. BT might not hit 30.

Obviously I love Shawn's numbers, but these are no different from the usual Deadline midday results. He shared these during Minions 2's weekend and projected a 42M OD, which then resulted in a 48M OD. Same thing with the holdovers apart from Elvis. Don't take these numbers as gospel just yet.

• Like 3