Spirited Away  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Spirited Away

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

My favourite Myiazaki film. The creature and people design and the design of the bathhouse itself are outstanding! The plot is a bit like an adventure game (get item or collect favour to advance) but the single episodes are all very original; the film is full of little surprises, often funny and sometimes touching. Also, from a technical POV, the animation is propably the best ever coming out of Studio Ghibli. At least among the films I've seen which are not too many.

floating through a surreal world, this is considerably more inventive than the other two miyazaki movies i've seen (totoro and mononoke). but it's also not as energetic. the ending is a bit much on the sappy side.

B-

so far:

1. mononoke

2. totoro

3. spirited

• Like 1

Sigh, I know I'm going to get grief for this, but I did not enjoy this movie at all.  I felt that it just dragged on forever and there was hardly any entertainment value to me whatsoever.  I know the imagery was quite imaginative, but the story just did nothing for me.

2/5 or a D for me

:( 

Sigh, I know I'm going to get grief for this, but I did not enjoy this movie at all.  I felt that it just dragged on forever and there was hardly any entertainment value to me whatsoever.  I know the imagery was quite imaginative, but the story just did nothing for me. 2/5 or a D for me :(

What the...