YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

Really enjoyed this, best Saw sequel for me (but still a long way short of the original, not that I was personally expecting it to be). I loved the focus on John, it really made it feel different and Tobin Bell was great. If they do make another one, I hope they take their time and get it right, it’d be a shame for them screw it up again.

Spoiler

Where did he get all of that blood for the “water-boarding see-saw” trap though? And at such short notice 😂 

• Like 1

Really enjoyed this.

I don't know if it's my personal favorite, but it's definitely in the conversation for top 3 with Saw 1 and 6.

I can see why it reviewed well though. I don't think there's much debate that from a film making perspective, this was the most well made film of the franchise. Also the best acted. Particularly Tobin Bell who treated this like it was Shakespeare. And really he is the lynch pin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Are you fucking kidding me. "If it's Halloween it must be saw" but you get it out of theaters before the month even ends? For the best reviewed film in the franchise???

This just seems to be PVOD which as proven a billion times by now barely if at all affects legs. We don't need to do the same thing every time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Are you fucking kidding me. "If it's Halloween it must be saw" but you get it out of theaters before the month even ends? For the best reviewed film in the franchise???

Between Taylor Swift and KOFTM, Saw will barely be in any theaters a month from now. I wouldn't be shocked if its not even in theaters on Halloween. Plus Taylor Swift's movie has an exemption to play on Halloween, so I doubt it will even get a push for a re-release around Halloween.

5 minutes ago, eman92 said:

Between Taylor Swift and KOFTM, Saw will barely be in any theaters a month from now. I wouldn't be shocked if its not even in theaters on Halloween. Plus Taylor Swift's movie has an exemption to play on Halloween, so I doubt it will even get a push for a re-release around Halloween.

C'mon, this is the year that proved counterprogramming works. The Taylor Swift crowd was not seeing Saw instead if Eras wasn't playing. It's October! Horror movie month!

Finally saw it and really liked it. Been a shockingly consistent year for old ass horror franchise favorites of mine delivering great late installments. This manages to work as a Saw film for Saw fans and a real movie for non-fans at the same time - practically a miracle how well this came together. It feels like the early movies, but it's also very different and works as a standalone piece. For all that Spiral seemed to want to "elevate" the series, Saw X ended up being the one to do it and it could still be a proper Saw film at the same time.

I'm so fucking happy Tobin Bell got this gift.

• Like 6