YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

Given Pete Docter and two original VAs are not involved I'm still not very high on this, though now I'm thinking Cars 2 numbers are the worst-case scenario as opposed to Lightyear. Think Elio could beat it domestically if it's got the goods.

Meg LeFauve coming back gives me hope. Plus, I'm pretty sure Amy Poehler was involved in how Joy's story turned out in the first movie. 

But, we'll see.

31 minutes ago, HummingLemon said:

Not gonna lie this has insane break out potential. I would not rule out a $400M+ domestic and $600M+ overseas.

sure by raw numbers and assuming a sequel bump. I'm not assuming a sequel bump. Not sure people will want to watch this.

That overseas number seems a bit suspect because the dollar got a lot stronger between 2015 and now.

Edited by cannastop

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering Dory was no where in Nemo territory in many markets, I am skeptical about this hitting 600m. I think 400m OS is a great total for this movie. I am also hoping for 250m domestic for 650m WW. 

those are reasonable expectations.

Dunno really what's going on OS. DOM is easier to predict. It just hinges on if people want to see an Inside Out sequel or not.

56 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering Dory was no where in Nemo territory in many markets, I am skeptical about this hitting 600m. I think 400m OS is a great total for this movie. I am also hoping for 250m domestic for 650m WW. 

Don't see Dom going low as 250m unless it's mid  . Like 275m+. 

Something like 280/420  is my worst case scenario for now.

650m wouldn't be bad either.

Think TS5 is also going to drop off  to like 750m or even less.

IMO Toy Story 4, Incredibles 2, and Finding Dory had unimpressive overseas performances. 10-15 years of OS market growth in LatAm and Asia and they still barely increased or decreased over their predecessors. China operating at its peak too. The latter 2 had much more impressive DOM performances compared to OS

56 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

IMO Toy Story 4, Incredibles 2, and Finding Dory had unimpressive overseas performances. 10-15 years of OS market growth in LatAm and Asia and they still barely increased or decreased over their predecessors. China operating at its peak too. The latter 2 had much more impressive DOM performances compared to OS

Making $600 m OS is not unimpressive, and it's a lot more than what Inside Out 2 will do. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

TS4 was bigger than Endgame in Latin America. But it was weak in Europe(minus UK) and Asia ignores most animation movies. TS4 did well only in small pockets like Japan, Hong Kong etc. Incredibles did well in some markets but otherwise it was mid level event elsewhere. Asia wise it was stronger than TS4 except Japan/HK etc. 

I am with @cannastop on 600m+ being very impressive numbers on its own. Dory was the one I was most disappointed with. I was expecting Frozen level OS BO considering how big Nemo was in 2003 :-) Still it did over billion dollars WW and that is a huge success. 

Let us see how TS5 does. I am expecting it to drop not so trivially. Probably looking at 300DOM/450-500OS kind of run. Frozen 3 probably will 1.2B WW while Zoo 2 will probably do a billion as well though China wont be able to do anything in that ballpark. 

I suspect not, at least not at this time. In hindsight the rumor that a teaser was coming out for this but not another Elio trailer was the writing on the wall that Elio was getting delayed. They can't complete Elio in time for its March release date, but if the strike is resolved soon they probably would have enough time to work out any late story issues on this by its intended summer date. And assuming the rumors are true that the WDA movie next fall is Zootopia, Disney probably prefers to just delay the original movie and keep the franchises coming as soon as possible.

• Like 1