YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Kelsey Mann directs. Mindy Kaling will not return

I'm gonna trust Pixar on this one, cautiously optimistic. The first one was something of Pete Docter's baby and I can imagine with him as CCO now he's probably watching this one over a like a hawk.

What has me staying hopeful is that Meg LeFauve is coming back as writer, and Inside Out's script was the thing about it that made it work to me so if she's back then I'm back.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

yeah without her I'd write the movie off completely

Of the cast Amy Poehler they HAVE to get back, or lose me completly. Pete Doctor admist that the charecter of Joy never really came together until Poehler came on board, and she ended up doing a lot of the writing for the charecter. To the point where she was offered a writing credit, but declined. Getting her back is a must.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Of the cast Amy Poehler they HAVE to get back, or lose me completly. Pete Doctor admist that the charecter of Joy never really came together until Poehler came on board, and she ended up doing a lot of the writing for the charecter. To the point where she was offered a writing credit, but declined. Getting her back is a must.

...that's already been confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Safeno Rdz said:

So, if the strike doesn't end soon, I bet this one's moving it's date...

Depends on how far voice work is done. If anything I feel like this one of the few that will likely keep it's date intact.

VA work I think typically is done relatively early in production because they have to have the recordings to sync lip movements in animation, so I'd be surprised if less than a year out they hadn't gotten to all of it. It also seems like something that would be relatively easy to fast track if they knew the strike would potentially have an impact. Whatever WDA's intended winter release is though I think could be having issues right now.

• Like 1

It's not like the characters are as iconic as Buzz and Woody. 

Plus you could always argue she's gone through puberty or going through puberty so the voices sound different. 

Don't even like Mindy Kaling anyway. 

On 7/16/2023 at 4:52 AM, AniNate said:

VA work I think typically is done relatively early in production because they have to have the recordings to sync lip movements in animation, so I'd be surprised if less than a year out they hadn't gotten to all of it. It also seems like something that would be relatively easy to fast track if they knew the strike would potentially have an impact. Whatever WDA's intended winter release is though I think could be having issues right now.

you'd be surprised... I don't think they'd necessarily have all the voice work done now.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:33 PM, LegionWrex said:

Depends on how far voice work is done. If anything I feel like this one of the few that will likely keep it's date intact.

That the script is a long way from being completed is a bigger delay factor. No work can be done while the WGA  is out.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:52 AM, AniNate said:

Yeah. They can easily do what they did in 2015/2016 with Elio being a summer release and Inside Out 2 being the Thanksgiving title if it came to that, with WDA Fall 2024 for Spring 2025 and the other two untitled animations (probably Toy Story 4 and a sequel).