Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 16-18/09/22 | The Woman King $19M, Pearl $3.12M, See $3.10M

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Seems like it'll make it to 100m without much trouble. Followed the Lost City's run pretty closely in the end, though this will probably be a couple million short.

Very good for the Woman King.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Seems like it'll make it to 100m without much trouble. Followed the Lost City's run pretty closely in the end, though this will probably be a couple million short.

For all the hand-wringing and bemoaning their respective OW's, Bullet Train matching Lost City and Super Pets matching Bad Guys are perhaps disappointing, but totally reasonable results. Plus Nope over $120M, Crawdads over $90M, Black Phone $90M. And while it won't reach $20M OW or $100M total, Woman King should have a solid, leggy run from here, and even Barbarian should do fine (until Smile anyway)

Way too much focus on the first 3.5 days for these non-tentoples. Audiences have become more selective and patient, where quality matters and a weaker release schedule gives more bites at the apple in later weeks

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

What OW can we expect for DWD next week based on tracking? I hope it goes well over 20M (no nail-biter whether actuals will go up or down type of a deal). 

Also, is WK going to lose some PLF or not? 

3 hours ago, The Eric King said:

Don't Worry Darling Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-5 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 36 973 6980 13.94%

Total Seats Sold Today: 42

Comp

0.914x of Dune T-5 (4.66M)

2.101x of The Lost City T-5 (6.83M)

0.960x of Morbius T-5 (5.47M)

Some major caveats with numbers here, but clearing $20M for OW seems likely, $30M+ a real possibility. Negative publicity ftw, I guess

WK will lose pretty much all PLF to Avatar re-release, but that's probably making up a smaller share of OW gross than say Nope or BT, so impact won't be as drastic

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

Some major caveats with numbers here, but clearing $20M for OW seems likely, $30M+ a real possibility. Negative publicity ftw, I guess

WK will lose pretty much all PLF to Avatar re-release, but that's probably making up a smaller share of OW gross than say Nope or BT, so impact won't be as drastic

From Deadline in the Sunday update, so this is PLF through Saturday (the percent went down a little)...

"PLF screens and Imax auditoriums are repping 34% of Woman King‘s weekend ticket sales at this point in time."

and

"Imax Woman King prints at 235 grossed $950K for the weekend." 

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

From Deadline in the Sunday update, so this is PLF through Saturday (the percent went down a little)...

"PLF screens and Imax auditoriums are repping 34% of Woman King‘s weekend ticket sales at this point in time."

and

"Imax Woman King prints at 235 grossed $950K for the weekend." 

I can believe it. I'm seeing it in PLF later today and my showtime is about half full so far.