Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 16-18/09/22 | The Woman King $19M, Pearl $3.12M, See $3.10M

22 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

X did indeed have a $1m budget. It hasn't been reported what Pearl cost but not much more, probably.

Same.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

CONFESS, FLETCH - $260K (516 sites)

This is not surprising at all. There were a total of seven people in the showing I attended on Friday. The advertising campaign must have been next to zero as I never saw any trailers and I wasn’t even aware of the film’s existence until I was scanning movie listings last week. The film is fairly entertaining and is Certified Fresh on RT with 85%, albeit with only 72 reviews. They could have leaned heavily into the Knives Out audience or Jon Hamm fans. The film could have reached $30M-$50M if the studio had pushed it. The budget surely was low 8 figures. Not sure why the film was essentially abandoned. I’d be interested to hear @baumer’s thoughts on the film.

58 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

7 SAT for Woman King

2.7 Barbarian 

Decent +36% Sat vs TFri for WK. Given WOM & demos, think it’s going to have a good Sunday hold though, over $5M, maybe approaching mid-$5M range, rather than sub-$5M

Barbarian only -32% Sat/Sat, definite WOM/secondary audience boost