Eric S'ennui

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Just now, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'll disagree with this on the basis that the extra run time means they're getting 1 fewer showing per theater per day compared to The batman

Batman was 2h.56m. Not a huge difference. They will have almost the same amount of showings.

6 minutes ago, BluKyberCrystal said:

Sorry. I'm just seeing some pretty big predictions so I wasn't really sure. Thank you.

You have to remember this is opening double what the first film did. If it had the same 10x legs as the first film we would be talking 1.4-1.5bil US total!.

1 minute ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Another funny typo from the Deadline article. BPWF had a long ass opening weekend! 

Avatar 2 won’t be frontloaded like Marvel pics (Note Black Panther: Wakanda Forever posted a $28M Thursday night, an $84.2M Friday and $181.3M 30-day)

Whoa, it really is a flop!

Edited by Menor Reborn

3 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I'll disagree with this on the basis that the extra run time means they're getting 1 fewer showing per theater per day compared to The batman

Batman was only 16 minutes shorter, not much difference in showtime spread, and theaters are just opening earlier to compensate (also had similar issues with weaker than usual later shows)

5 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Another funny typo from the Deadline article. BPWF had a long ass opening weekend! 

Avatar 2 won’t be frontloaded like Marvel pics (Note Black Panther: Wakanda Forever posted a $28M Thursday night, an $84.2M Friday and $181.3M 30-day)

Deadline is just doin' us a solid to get us to 100 pages. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The game ain't helping that's for sure

I just turned it on: those Seahawk uniforms (especially in contrast to the dull green turf)

My Eyes Pain GIF

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Very reasonable projection 

17 Thur
43 Friday
53 Saturday

44 Sunday

157m

Honestly looks like it could be close to Box Office Pros prediction

Not impossible but this would be very surprising. I'm thinking like....

17 - 39 - 44 - 36 = 136

3 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Very reasonable projection 

17 Thur
43 Friday
53 Saturday

44 Sunday

157m

Honestly looks like it could be close to Box Office Pros prediction

Those FSS are all quite optimistic, it probably won’t even be within 20M of that

Edited by Korra Legion

9 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

94% RT verified score, on par with BPWF

has RT changed it verified rating process?

its always seemed to me that RT verified scores alwats peak out of the gate before slowly coming down, but ever since nope pretty much every movie has started with meh verified scores on thursday only to have a pretty decent score by friday night

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 minute ago, Cap said:

I’m about ready to start Terminator. I don’t think I’ve seen it in like 15 years. Should I live blog it? Asks for the page counts. 

100 pages is too low of a goal, we're already 23, or ~$750K/page, should be $1M/page (so 132 give or take 😜)

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, M37 said:

100 pages is too low of a goal, we're already 23, or ~$750K/page, should be $1M/page (so 132 give or take 😜)

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

19 hours ago, Korra Legion said:

True floppage will be if this thread gets less pages than the avatar thread… if you deleted every post except Jimbo’s

Reveal hidden contents