Eric Lasagna

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

True Lies LiveWatch:

• Oh god, Moses is in this?
  • Starting off with some under water scenes. Cameron being Cameron. Nice
  • i am trying to watch but someone is blocking my screen
  • F27F9670-6FE9-474A-87E5-3B7F2D4D8A6B.jpeg
  • He is way too conspicuous to be a spy
  • The subtitle literally just said (perfect Arabic) 😂😂😂😂😂😂. What the hell am I getting into?
  • Oh, she Bad.
  • WHERE IS MY WIDE SHOT, CAMERON? I AM QT.  I NEED FEET. Full body, dancing. Head to toe.
    “Ditch the Bitch.”  The 80s were sure A Thing TM
  • Are Cameron’s movies so blue because he wishes he was in the Water!?
  • Look at the Bond homage with the ski chase. 
  • Her dog is cute but my dog is CUTER!!!
  • 31C29F39-F9AF-4ED4-9A00-4EEC9C415999.jpeg
  • I have that tile in my bathroom too
  • How did we let James Cameron have kids? What the is Tom Arnold talking about? Paranoid About The Youth Much
  • Hahahaha. He has an eye patch. 
  • The costume department is do so much work trying to hid that Jamie Lee Curtis is SMOKING. So much. 
  • It’s lucky that Tia Carrere is HAWT cause lol, girl, those artifacts really need to go back to where you find them. 
  • I don’t know if I am more offended at the rampant sexism or that they’re using domestic violence to be like SEE HE IS A BAD GUY. 
  • I wonder if Cameron always gives Arnold sunglasses to hide his lack of acting skills. Can’t be dead in the eyes if you don’t see the eyes. 
  • Did the movie with Henry Cavill in the bathroom rip this bathroom fight off? Feels the same.
  • YEAH HORSES!
  • No sarcasm, this horse chase is amazing. We should just stop right now 10/10. Cameron peaked. I thought it was the last violin song montage from the Titanic. It’s not. It’s this
  • Omg it keeps going. I never thought I would say this, but love it. Keep going.
    No no is something going to happen to the horse?
  • WHAT THE FUCK NO
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • YAAAASSSS. GOOD PONY. 
  • Girl, what the hell were YOU thinking?
  • Tom Arnold needs to STOP TALKING.
  • This movie really needed to be written from Helen’s perspective. It’s been 47 minutes and she is BARELY here. I thought this was suppose to be romance-action movie.
  • WAIT I KNOW THAT VOICE
  • BIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Is he in every Cameron movie?
  • EXCUSE ME ASSHOLE THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT A DOG!! 🔪🔪🔪
  •  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

mad tv was great. I used to watch reruns after school and die laughing at a young Key and Peele

Their sketches were great, my fav from the duo was the fight sketch. But for me the best ones were the sketches from Debra Wilson where she plays Bunifa Latifa Halifa Sharifa Jackson and all the different Abercrombie ones. 

5 hours ago, Cap said:

Technically, a blockbuster is a term for meant a movie where people lined up around the block. Since we do reserved seating now, you could argue we don’t have blockbusters anymore 

Now we measure them in how they contribute to the length of the lines to concession stands and the bathroom.   If it's less than 15 minutes there's no blockbuster playing.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So can someone explain to my why people on here are declaring a2 DOA

Who is? I know many people are joking around in here but even the lowest serious ones I have seen are maybe a handful of people thinking it can go below TGM WW. And the lowest serious one for DOM were saying around 450-500m. Neither of those numbers indicate anything like what you are saying. 

• Like 3

Just now, TalismanRing said:

JL is sexy as f*** but this scene was so degrading for the character I wanted someone to put a bullet in {insert ridiculous non Austrian sounding name]'s head.

True Lies is up there for having the worst second act in history just on all the torture and abuse JLC goes through just so Cameron could find a shoehorned way to have her be in the finale. Genuinely baffled something this gross and sexist was considered appropriate for 1994 viewers. Really ruins what could have been an all-timer movie.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Who is? I know many people are joking around in here but even the lowest serious ones I have seen are maybe a handful of people thinking it can go below TGM WW. And the lowest serious one for DOM were saying around 450-500m. Neither of those numbers indicate anything like what you are saying. 

I feel like whenever someone makes a post like the one you were talking about they really ought to at least quote one post about what they're taking issue with.  I get it might reek of "callout culture" but at the same time, it's better than "picking up on vibes, man"

Then again:

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

Are you new to the forums?

There is this so I realize this is pretty much a fruitless request/expectation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cap said:

True Lies LiveWatch:

• Oh god, Moses is in this?
  • Starting off with some under water scenes. Cameron being Cameron. Nice
  • i am trying to watch but someone is blocking my screen
  • F27F9670-6FE9-474A-87E5-3B7F2D4D8A6B.jpeg
  • He is way too conspicuous to be a spy
  • The subtitle literally just said (perfect Arabic) 😂😂😂😂😂😂. What the hell am I getting into?
  • Oh, she Bad.
  • WHERE IS MY WIDE SHOT, CAMERON? I AM QT.  I NEED FEET. Full body, dancing. Head to toe.
    “Ditch the Bitch.”  The 80s were sure A Thing TM
  • Are Cameron’s movies so blue because he wishes he was in the Water!?
  • Look at the Bond homage with the ski chase. 
  • Her dog is cute but my dog is CUTER!!!
  • 31C29F39-F9AF-4ED4-9A00-4EEC9C415999.jpeg
  • I have that tile in my bathroom too
  • How did we let James Cameron have kids? What the is Tom Arnold talking about? Paranoid About The Youth Much
  • Hahahaha. He has an eye patch. 
  • The costume department is do so much work trying to hid that Jamie Lee Curtis is SMOKING. So much. 
  • It’s lucky that Tia Carrere is HAWT cause lol, girl, those artifacts really need to go back to where you find them. 
  • I don’t know if I am more offended at the rampant sexism or that they’re using domestic violence to be like SEE HE IS A BAD GUY. 
  • I wonder if Cameron always gives Arnold sunglasses to hide his lack of acting skills. Can’t be dead in the eyes if you don’t see the eyes. 
  • Did the movie with Henry Cavill in the bathroom rip this bathroom fight off? Feels the same.
  • YEAH HORSES!
  • No sarcasm, this horse chase is amazing. We should just stop right now 10/10. Cameron peaked. I thought it was the last violin song montage from the Titanic. It’s not. It’s this
  • Omg it keeps going. I never thought I would say this, but love it. Keep going.
    No no is something going to happen to the horse?
  • WHAT THE FUCK NO
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • YAAAASSSS. GOOD PONY. 
  • Girl, what the hell were YOU thinking?
  • Tom Arnold needs to STOP TALKING.
  • This movie really needed to be written from Helen’s perspective. It’s been 47 minutes and he is BARELY here. I thought this was suppose to be romance-action movie.
  • WAIT I KNOW THAT VOICE
  • BIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Is he in every Cameron movie?
  • EXCUSE ME ASSHOLE THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT A DOG!! 🔪🔪🔪

• LMFAO. How have I see just this scene.
  • Gosh, I miss Bill Paxton. 
  • My god. I totally see why Cameron felt the need to apologize for his toxic masculinity of the past. He needs to. Yup.
  • And why he refuses to let his out of its 720p / no Digital Rental hell. I wouldn’t let people watch it either. 
  • Dude; she said no
  • This is so unpleasant. Definitely should have stopped at the horse chase.
  • What the fuck is this shit?
  • This better end in DIVORCE.
  • I feel so justified in Bestie and my decision to base Steve’s dead beat Dad on Cameron in our “Non-Superpower Modern Hollywood AU” No wonder Sarah Rogers is like “Fuck Off”
  • How is there an hour and a half leeeeffttttt
  • Same, Helen. That rage you feel is how I feel.
  • I doubt she will always love him after she finds out the TRUTH.
  • There are unlikable protagonists, and then there is Arnold in this. 
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

True Lies is up there for having the worst second act in history just on all the torture and abuse JLC goes through just so Cameron could find a shoehorned way to have her be in the finale. Genuinely baffled something this gross and sexist was considered appropriate for 1994 viewers. Really ruins what could have been an all-timer movie.

There’s a reason for bathroom breaks 

16 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So can someone explain to my why people on here are declaring a2 DOA

I think I'll follow my own example.

Just what do you consider people thinking something is "DOA", anyway?  Hard to have a meaningful answer when I'm not even sure what you're commenting on here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I feel like whenever someone makes a post like the one you were talking about they really ought to at least quote one post about what they're taking issue with.  I get it might reek of "callout culture" but at the same time, it's better than "picking up on vibes, man"

Then again:

There is this so I realize this is pretty much a fruitless request/expectation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah that'd be nice but it just doesn't happen. I asked for a similar thing in the Avatar thread and got no response

• Like 2