Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

5 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Speaking of SW guys, did the Disney trilogy make you appreciate the prequel trilogy a whole lot more?.

It did with me.

Yes. The Disney trilogy was awful and the worst, whereas the prequel trilogy was great and the best. But I thought that before the ST came out iirc.

6 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Yes. The Disney trilogy was awful and the worst, whereas the prequel trilogy was great and the best. But I thought that before the ST came out iirc.

I mean the orig trilogy is levels about the other two trilogy's, but yeah i went from being a bit meh on the prequels, to actually quite liking them.

AOTC will always be a bit of a poor film, but i can still watch it for the action.

Edited by stuart360

11 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Speaking of SW guys, did the Disney trilogy make you appreciate the prequel trilogy a whole lot more?.

It did with me.

I love Star Wars. I love all Star Wars. OT, PT, ST. All of it. I think that while Andor and Mandalorian did more to open the world than ST, I am extremely glad that the ST happened and that a whole new generation is growing up with Rey Skywalker and the ST characters. Is it perfect? No. But I think rosed tinted glasses and nostalgia go hand in hand with Star Wars since the 70s. It’s about giving the new generation new mythology to follow, and in that I’d argue that the ST was way more successful than PT because even if flawed, advanced the story and mythos further.

25 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Ah shoot, some schools are out this early in the US?

More juice for Avatar 2: schools start Christmas breaks on Monday per Comscore, with 41% K-12 off and 77% colleges. That jumps to 82% K-12 and 94% colleges off by Friday.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Don't you guys ever get tired of talking about which Star Wars trilogy is better?

Yeah. I do it like once every other month and get tired of it after a few minutes. Then time passes and I’m not as tired of it anymore. Pretty normal human behavior I think.

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114c6ca16b66d0a7d54d

I’m going to regret flipping to OUT on that club I think 

(with the silver lining being it makes a certain other club more likely :popcorn:)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I mean the orig trilogy is levels about the other two trilogy's, but yeah i went from being a bit meh on the prequels, to actually quite liking them.

AOTC will always be a bit of a poor film, but i can still watch it for the action.

OT story is boring just like the ST. Still way better than the ST because of plot execution, not being a rehash, better characters but it doesn’t really interest me in terms of themes and setting like the PT

25 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

It did with me.

Nah, though I do find the prequels' semi-rehabilitation through memes + nostalgia fascinating. If mostly undeserved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Korra Legion said:

OT story is boring just like the ST. Still way better than the ST because of plot execution, not being a rehash, better characters but it doesn’t really interest me in terms of themes and setting like the PT

I guess another way to say this would be that for me:

PT is tactically bad but strategically good

OT is tactically good but strategically bad

ST is tactically and strategically bad

Spoiler

Various shows are tactically and strategically good, beating all 3 trilogies handily