Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

If you think DOM performance is boring just turn to OS and let's all be happy together 

OS numbers has been a delight to follow for more than a week now, to a point where 2B is kinda an actual possibility now even with DOM being boring and China situation

we all know an eventual re release probably would make like 300m in china to get it above titanic

1 minute ago, AnDr3s said:

we all know an eventual re release probably would make like 300m in china to get it above titanic

Yeah i really doubt Cameron will lose the chance of release A2 again pior to A3 and after A1 succesful re-relase Disney will just go along with it 

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If you think DOM performance is boring just turn to OS and let's all be happy together 

OS numbers has been a delight to follow for more than a week now, to a point where 2B is kinda an actual possibility now even with DOM being boring and China situation

Agree...it's been lot of fun following OS numbers. Today's (26th) Italy number was stunning

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah i really doubt Cameron will lose the chance of release A2 again pior to A3 and after A1 succesful re-relase Disney will just go along with it 

triple feature 12 hours on the theater 

It will hit a billion today [Tuesday], it´s growing up real fast. Atp A4 and A5 are probably confirmed and Disney have it´s new gold mine. 

I´m pretty sure the gross will decrease DOM each entry [probably not by much tho since A2 is very well received], OS tho this franchise is clearly strongly beloved.

With China hopefully recovered for the other movies, this franchise can consistenly ended up with 1.8 - 2.2B for each movie. 

The first one will always be the strongest [like SW] but seems like Cameron won again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will hit a billion today [Tuesday], it´s growing up real fast. Atp A4 and A5 are probably confirmed and Disney have it´s new gold mine. 

I´m pretty sure the gross will decrease DOM each entry [probably not by much tho since A2 is very well received], OS tho this franchise is clearly strongly beloved.

With China hopefully recovered for the other movies, this franchise can consistenly ended up with 1.8 - 2.2B for each movie. 

The first one will always be the strongest [like SW] but seems like Cameron won again.

I'm curious to see Part 4 after hearing Cameron say that the story is unpredictable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm curious to see Part 4 after hearing Cameron say that the story is unpredictable. 

I really hope the story will take some bold choices on part 3 already. 

A2 is amazing, but it uses a lot of stablished concepts and moments of the first movie to create it´s situations. I bet is just to make an easy watch for the audience after 13 years of absence and it´s a wise choice, but for the next movies i want some swings hahah

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Flopped said:

So A2 prob grossed 65m in the last 2 days in the US and people are still complaining about its run? 

It's what Twilight did by just one day.

New Moon Breaks Dark Knight ‘s Single Day Record

NOVEMBER 21, 2009

After setting a new record for midnight openings with $26.27 million at 3,514 theaters, Summit Entertainment’s The Twilight Saga: New Moon has also broken the record for a single day, earning $72.7 million on Friday at 4,024 theaters. The previous single day record of $67.2 million was held by The Dark Knight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It will likely follow RO till Jan 2nd and after that will start making gains, especially around mid-January when RO slowed down for Split and couple of other releases. Unless we see something special with late legs, US would likely end up around $600-650M for around 45M admits. That's an ordinary performance, nothing remarkable/special.

XMAS releases admits recently

2015 - TFA 85M

2016 - RO 48M and Sing 32M

2017 - TLJ 56M and Jumanji 42M
2018 - Aquaman 31M and Spider Verse 20M

2019 - TRoS 46M and Jumanji 2 34M

2021 - NWH 70M

2022 - Avatar 2 43-46M

Unlikely Charlie. I'm thinking 60-65,:) or better.

Guess we will see in the weeks ahead. Alot of walkins are coming for.this film. Since it's hard to get premiums 4dx and 3d showings at least in my area till late times or early morning  times.

I'm thinking 680-750m

8 minutes ago, DTP said:

Great weekend for Avatar!  Seeing it in Imax 3D today

Hey brother DTP. I'm aiming for Sat this week. 3d 4dx👍🦝

Definitely and hopefully we have a 33-37 Monday and 23-25m Tuesday 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1