Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

Friends got sick, so had to cancel our game day and murder mystery party.

So, I gave in to the kids - I'll be taking all 4 to Puss tomorrow with my subscriber credits.  Spouse wants to enjoy peace and quiet, and didn't even think the movie was worth the credit cost, so it will be 5, not 6, at the movie.

I am excited to see it, and I'm kinda floored that for the 1pm showing, I'm only the 5-9th seats bought out of 200+...which is good for me, and bad for the movie...

4 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

staying flat is kinda bad isn't?

1 minute ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Not really. Yesterday over-indexed to pick up the slack from Friday/Saturday and today will be normal number it would have been without that happening. 

THIS.

Not to put on my Multiplier Skeptic Hat (as it's only tangentially related), but this is the danger in just blindly plugging in numbers into a preset formula/expectations without taking context/extenuating circumstances into account. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Not really. Yesterday over-indexed to pick up the slack from Friday/Saturday and today will be normal number it would have been without that happening. 

Yep. As usual, the Tuesday and Wednesday numbers will tell the tale as we get back to a presumably normal pattern.

Hoping for the high end today, 96M 4-day isn't something to be sad about especially considering all the insecures in the past days about the storms

It's the same R1 did despite opening 20M lower, which bodes well for the long term 

550-600M finish still the reasonable range

Edited by ThomasNicole

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

rewatched top gun maverick with the folks earleir today. only the third movie i've seen make my dad tear up. after captain Phillips and the will ferrell Eurovision movie.

Watched it with my Dad yesterday when he came around. I had AI converted the film to 48fps beforehand, and he couldnt believe what he was watching ha.

• Like 1