charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

11 minutes ago, Reed121 said:

Completely different.  Those are much smaller movies targeting black audiences.

Avatar, NWH and TGM are big event movies where A+ Cinemascores are harder to pull off.

The Audience scores clearly indicate Avatar won’t have the legs of TGM or NWH.

You know NWH barely had 3x multiplier right? 

TGM i 100% agreed is more rewatchable, will have the way better legs. 

Anyway, the discussion was rewatchability which couldn't really be measured by Cinemascore grades on OD, especially for movies with huge fanbases.

1 hour ago, Legion in Boots said:

Since we need some pages… 

Who is ACTUALLY the best father of all time (in movies (or tv (or both)))

Me, completely unsuspecting of the quotevalanche I am about to unleash upon my mentions:

Spoiler

4-D07-E6-BF-010-B-40-F8-A7-CD-8906-D0-BCF82-A 73567626-79-FB-4875-A3-BB-E0-B2-EF8-D7-A0-B
2014 wrx 0 60

Surely among the most quotes ever for a post with zero reacts 😛 

Edited by Legion in Boots
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

Oh contraire...

Since yesterday, I have fallen down a rabbit hole on both Twitter and TikTok of people thirsting over Jake Sully, which is both scary and incredible and I love every second of it. And I think they have made my brain realize he really is hot actually?????????

He's extremelly hot, Sam Worthington was one of my crushs while growing up both as a human and an alien 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

He's extremelly hot, Sam Worthington was one of my crushs while growing up both as a human and an alien 

You grew up as both a human and an alien? (Have the Na'vi reached earth?)

😜 I kid, of course - the way you structured the sentence, my brain read it that way, haha.

Peace,

Mike

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

You know NWH barely had 3x multiplier right? 

TGM i 100% agreed is more rewatchable, will have the way better legs. 

Anyway, the discussion was rewatchability which couldn't really be measured by Cinemascore grades on OD, especially for movies with huge fanbases.

Has anyone done any kind of statistical analysis relating Cinemascore grades to legs. 

What's the R-score?

If we don't have one, how well can we use Cinemascore to project legs?

Not necessarily saying Avatar 2 will have amazing legs--just trying to understand the predictive power of Cinemascore.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Reed121 said:

Completely different.  Those are much smaller movies targeting black audiences.

Avatar, NWH and TGM are big event movies where A+ Cinemascores are harder to pull off.

The Audience scores clearly indicate Avatar won’t have the legs of TGM or NWH.

hmmm what are the NWH legs exactly that Avatar 2 will clearly not get?

This goes to so that Cinemascore is just another parameter and doesnt tell us nearly enough about how many times it will be rewatched on average by people in the theaters when you wanna compared an A cinemascore blockbuster with an A+ .

Talking about which movie will benifit more from repeat vieweings relative to its gross the assersion that NWH > Avatar 2 in that matter is very flimsy. Pulling numbers out of my ass here but what if idk 10% of individuals that went to the theaters for A2 will do more than 1 viewing for an average of 2.5 and for NWH 7% of them for an average of 2.3 then that difference wouldnt be really relfected that much on final gross, legs , admits or cinemascore since NWH has comfortably more individual viewers to begin with

I would say that Avatar 2 may very well be rewtached on the theaters by more of its audience but that wont be nearly enough to make it gross as much as NWH or match TGM legs . Unless a movie is a repeat vieweings phenomenon like Titanic or OG Avatar then just being more rewatchable than some other blockbuster that got more people to the theaters than you isnt nearly enough to bridge the gap.

As for the M37 comment ,making the assersion that A2 will be less rewatchable than probably the amazing repeat viewings wise TGM or that it wont come even close to the rewatchability of all timers like Avatar or Titanic is very logical and 99% likely to be the case. You dont need to watch A2 to know that. But for something like NWH that isnt nearly a repeat viewings phenomenon and is a very different theatrical experience than A2 you cant claim it will be getting worse repeat viewing numbers based on a bigger length , an A+ vs A cinemascore or general vibes about a movie without seeing it. Avatar 2 may not have GREAT legs or come close to approaching NWH admits but that would still be the case even with it having better repeat viewings. And the fact that it seems like it is doing better than NWH rewatchability wise in most markets despite those presumtions. Cant be nearly certain enough that the opposite will be true domesticaly

Edited by Gkalaitza
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

TBF @Reed121 said:

The Audience scores clearly indicate Avatar won’t have the legs of TGM or NWH.

Sometimes, I think we need to distinguish multiplier and pure dollar value of legs for blockbusters.

Like Puss in Boots getting $6-7M for Tuesday (whatever it ends up at).  That's causing wonder b/c of the disastrous OW, but it's really not a GREAT day for an animated movie in Christmas week if we just said "how much should the lone animated make for this date".

I mean, last year. during the height of Covid, Sing 2 put up $7.809M on the same Tuesday.  And Sing 2 had a decent, but not spectacular overall DOM BO number.

So, it's a fine number, and it's good for those looking for a recovery for Puss in Boots 2, which totally deserves it as best animated of 2022, but in isolation, it's good but not great.

I'm hoping it can get a great recovery and finish near Sing 2...but that's still not a great number for how great this movie is and what used to be possible for a great animated...

• Like 1