charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If NWH had China it would've made 2.3-2.4 billion.

Depends on the China it had. This China Avatar has rn ? Probably wouldnt break 2.1 billion. Dec 2021-Feb 2022 China wasnt in full lockdown mode but still a bunch of obstacles in the way from harsh theater restrictions to periodic smaller scale lockdowns and ramp ups of preventive measures in various parts of big countries. Also its timing window could have been whatever It may have done 2.3 billion but idk if it would be certain. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Its 9:45am-12:45pm currently in the US. The West coast probably hasnt even had the first showing yet lol.

Yes, very good clock reading.   

Sorry for the lateness we can have first look ~ 9 hrs earlier going forward

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Well I wouldn't consider a2 a flop. It certainly is underwhelming as it will be finishing more than half a billion WW behind the 1st films of the original run ( I'm using @NCsoft 2.26b ww as the number I'm going off here.)

Hopefully this stops people from making insane predictions ( looking  at you @IronJimbo ) for the 3rd film. Had the franchise not disappeared from the public for a decade and treated on the same level as star wars 3-3.5 billion would have been certain.

P.s. Yes by this logic BP2 was also underwhelming. Which I agree with

Biggest disappointing market is Japan tbh. If China was in normal state like pre-pandemic these 500m less WW you are mentioning could be made there.

4 hours ago, M37 said:

Do wonder how much might be spillover (especially PLF) from pretty packed Sun/Mon/Tue, so won't be totally surprised if we see a marginally bigger drop than the -7% RO had for Thursday

43 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Thursday starts off a bit soft, let’s see how the walkups go. 17.5-19.2?

Season 4 Interest GIF by The Office

15 minutes ago, setna said:

The real test for A2 final gross starts next tuesday, then is when we´ll start to see how stays James Cameron power in the mind of people

A2 is more of a weekend movie, the subsequent weekend will be a better indicator of its staying power

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Is this gonna be one of those "this aged badly" posts when M3gan wins its OW?

5 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

I’ve been kinda wanting to make this club but I only 45% believe it or so. 

Right now I'm thinking 26-29 for A2's 4th WE and M3GAN at 20-23.

22 minutes ago, adaros said:

Biggest disappointing market is Japan tbh. If China was in normal state like pre-pandemic these 500m less WW you are mentioning could be made there.

The numbers in Japan are laughable. China would boost the numbers if covid wasn't the problem.. I'm not sure if it would hold up for future films.