charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

Just now, Alexdube said:

Oh boy...

Well I guess that depends on what your definition of that is

Not a PG-13 movie as violent and dark as that movie is which is also 3 hours long. Puss in Boots is the clear contender for the family and kids crowd (Which is already a dying audience for theaters).

7 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I figured because Sheldon kept calling you "brother Alex", you were biased for Avatar. So in turn, being contrarian against any film that comes out in proximity to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I want Avatar to do well yes, I'm not hiding from that. But no, I'm not being a "contrarian" to every other movie.

And I believe you posted you didn't care for Avatar's run but was all about PiB? Nothing wrong with that you know, to each his own 

4 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I want Avatar to do well yes, I'm not hiding from that. But no, I'm not being a "contrarian" to every other movie.

And I believe you posted you didn't care for Avatar's run but was all about PiB? Nothing wrong with that you know, to each his own 

I actually do care about Avatar's performance. I saw it three times. Twice in 3D. I am rooting for it to pass 600M

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

You need to tag me when you have questions like this. :)

There's a second, and final, season currently filming.

Originally the production team was thinking about doing 5 seasons (one for each year between Andor S1 and leading up to Rogue One, but (and this is me reading between the lines) the production was so time consuming/arduous/intense/all-consuming that they shifted plans to do a second and final 12 episode season.  

To put this in perspective, this was something like a 11 to 12 month shoot.  And even if COVID was lengthening that somewhat and even if it could get streamlined in future years, the thought of spending the next six to eight years of their lives making this show ... Well, like I said, they reconsidered.

Still, 24 episodes = 3 to 4 seasons of many shows nowadays.  And there's something to be said for "leave the audience wanting more".

All that time and energy shows.  This might become my favorite 2022 tv series across all networks and streaming.  It's such a shame it might only be 2 seasons (here's hoping there's a rethink for a 3rd season or even some "tv movies" after the 2nd season:).

Anyone on this board who has D+ and hasn't seen this series, no matter your current level of Star Wars knowledge or fandom, should watch it - it's that good (at least through episode 4).

See, I can fan for a Disney product...when it's good:).  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Pace is fluctuating a bit today but things are starting to coalesce. Let's go with $17M as the first projection. Will update again in a while. 

3 hours ago, DC Rich said:

Since my estimate of 16-24m nailed it for yesterday, let's go with 13-21m today.  I feel pretty comfortable that it might land somewhere in that range.  Maybe. 

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Not a PG-13 movie as violent and dark as that movie is which is also 3 hours long. Puss in Boots is the clear contender for the family and kids crowd (Which is already a dying audience for theaters).

There is a bit of violence yes, but nothing that most kids can't handle. PiB is a better fit for the younger kids yes, but are we seriously trying to argue that no parents are taking their kids to see Avatar? There is definitely some overlap

The movie is literally about family. Many of the parts are played by young kids. Of course it's aimed at families... let's be serious

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

avatar 2 has been compared to rogue one so much i assume that means we're getting a Tony Gilroy disney+ spin off show about Payakan the whale.

A group of whales escaping a prison run by evil marine biologists will 100% be the best show of the decade

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Pace is fluctuating a bit today but things are starting to coalesce. Let's go with $17M as the first projection. Will update again in a while. 

Wtf is coalesce, XXR? Please help the non-natives speakers over here lol

19 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Pace is fluctuating a bit today but things are starting to coalesce. Let's go with $14.5M as the first projection. Will update again in a while. 

1 minute ago, Ronin46 said:

Thanks.

You're welcome. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

That's like a bigger % drop than Tuesday to Wednesday. Why would it drop that hard from Wednesday to Thursday? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What am I missing?

Gotta be at least 18

13 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

There is a bit of violence yes, but nothing that most kids can't handle. PiB is a better fit for the younger kids yes, but are we seriously trying to argue that no parents are taking their kids to see Avatar? There is definitely some overlap

The movie is literally about family. Many of the parts are played by young kids. Of course it's aimed at families... let's be serious

Like.... I LOVED a2, but come on.

The amount of language, violence, nudity, etc.... no person who has any concept of what a family film is thinks A2 fits the bill. Sure, SOME families will go, but I know families that take their 5 year olds to Deadpool so...

• Like 2