XXR vs XXR

New Years Weekend Thread || Dec. 30-Jan. 1 || ATWOW $67.4M 3rd WE - $88.8M 4-Day WE — Orange Panther $22.6M 4-Day!

Normal people don't have 3 hours and a half to spend in a movie theater on weekdays. The Monday is worse than expected because starting at like 6 or 7 PM nobody is gonna go to a movie theater for 210 minutes when it is a work day the next day.

This movie is gonna live or die on the weekends.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Normal people don't have 3 hours and a half to spend in a movie theater on weekdays. The Monday is worse than expected because starting at like 6 or 7 PM nobody is gonna go to a movie theater for 210 minutes when it is a work day the next day.

People still had to work on some weekends. And holidays C John. It didn't stop me or my family. Won't stop alot of folks.

Now late showings I run from that indeed because of the run.time. The wife and I got out almost at 1:30am or something like that. I love the runtime , just not for a late night viewing. As long as it blows one socks off it's not too bad. 4hrs now would be pushing it. Also rem Titanic, endgame also all 3hrs plus. ROTK folks went to even late shows on that one.

36 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I'm going with 58m.

Hopefully no Less than 51-53 with an astounding hold again and beating avatar.. repeat pandorians and those who still have to experience this film are coming jimbo.

What's your 4th weekend predict?

First I work out TRUE 3rd weekend by adjusting to what it would have made without New Years Eve being on Saturday.

I'm going to go with $72m

Then from there, we look at holiday drops from other films, adjust for weird ass days like New years eve on their days too.. summer holidays.. all that jazz.

and we got to....

drumroll...

$56m!

LET'S GET IT DONE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Again that’s not relevant to what I said to you so no it won’t. 

Lol you said the same thing on it hitting 500-570mil . So you'll be eating crow some this week. And what is your 4th weekend predict. 35m? Put it down brother 

17 minutes ago, M37 said:

No idea why, by Avatwo has consistently had "softer" Mondays - in terms of drop from Sunday - than RO throughout its run:

12/19 = -53.3% vs -55.5%

12/26 = +24.1% vs +10.6%

1/02 = -5% vs -13%

Of course, those last two are following a holiday Sunday where A2 jumped up way more, but still a pattern; will see if it holds next Monday as we revert back to a normal M-F schedule

I am told longer runtime would make it more weekend heavy.

I'll be honest - superhero fanatics and haters are probably the worst in terms of toxic discourse, but the true Cameron loonies on this board manage to take word salad cult-like monologues to a whole other level. Nowhere near toxic, but quite headache-inducing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

First I work out TRUE 3rd weekend by adjusting to what it would have made without New Years Eve being on Saturday.

I'm going to go with $72m

Then from there, we look at holiday drops from other films, adjust for weird ass days like New years eve on their days too.. summer holidays.. all that jazz.

and we got to....

drumroll...

$56m!

LET'S GET IT DONE

Our brother xx still making absolutes. But he and others were so sure this wouldn't get out the 540-570m range my brother.

Like batman.......Jake Sully has no limits😂 .

Love your predict brother.

Hopefully Cameron shakes up the world on the domestic end and we get a predict higher than your 56 and my 55-58m 4th weekend.

Lol@ under 573m club for A2

" EVERYTHING CHANGED!"

....."WE'LL  SEND THEM THE MESSAGE!"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, M37 said:

No idea why, by Avatwo has consistently had "softer" Mondays - in terms of drop from Sunday - than RO throughout its run:

12/19 = -53.3% vs -55.5%

12/26 = +24.1% vs +10.6%

1/02 = -5% vs -13%

Of course, those last two are following a holiday Sunday where A2 jumped up way more, but still a pattern; will see if it holds next Monday as we revert back to a normal M-F schedule

700m domestic coming up M37....You'll find Avatar 2 holds on weekdays and weekends are going to be still full of suprises!🦝💪

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am told longer runtime would make it more weekend heavy.

That’s probably it, but doesn’t seem to have any problem on Tue/Wed/Thur. Maybe Monday Night Football + running time eats into potential a bit 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I'll be honest - superhero fanatics and haters are probably the worst in terms of toxic discourse, but the true Cameron loonies on this board manage to take word salad cult-like monologues to a whole other level. Nowhere near toxic, but quite headache-inducing.

There's really only one person like that. Best to skip his posts. :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

That’s probably it, but doesn’t seem to have any problem on Tue/Wed/Thur. Maybe Monday Night Football + running time eats into potential a bit 🤷‍♂️

Tues has discounts and we’ve had like one wed/th that wasn’t either storm impacted or a pseudo weekend day (and it was a bad day for A2).  Let’s see how this wed/th goes

• Like 1