charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

Yeah the exact number doesn't really matter at this point, it's a few hundred k above the non-holiday 3rd Wed. record regardless (which previously belonged to Avatar) and after an inflated Tue. Not concerned about legs shortening until we see Saturday's number. 

Just now, stuart360 said:

Over 1.5bil, making mid 20's weekdays even though the holidays are over, and yet some poeple still dont think its going to blow past 2bil WW.

Will be at $1.7B more or less after the weekend. I actually didn't expect this to cross the $2B mark after its worldwide opening to be honest, but I've always said this movie will all be about the legs. And it is exactly what it has been showing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Omg, again back to below $600m final total. 

I dont know if you're baiting but 7.4mil is higher than the orig film on the same day, and A2 has a 84mil lead over the first film.

In what kind of scenario are you using this 7.4mil to say its finishing under 600mil?

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Will be at $1.7B more or less after the weekend. I actually didn't expect this to cross the $2B mark after its worldwide opening to be honest, but I've always said this movie will all be about the legs. And it is exactly what it has been showing.

Personaly think it will be around 2bil by the end of Jan.

• Like 1

The most surreal thing is to see the billion dollar lineup for 2022 being completely devoid of comic book movies. Granted, Marvel had a pretty unlucky year with Strange and Thor polarizing everyone and Wakanda Forever paying the price for it, but still. Maybe exhibition might survive superhero fatigue after all.

7.4m for WED with RO's drop for THU gets you 6.8m . RO's Weekend to THU multi (x5.76?) gets you to a ~39.2m weekend.

Better THU drop than RO , better weekend to THU multi than RO or both get you to the 40s. Thats pretty likely imo, or am i missing something?

Edited by Gkalaitza

2 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

7.4m for WED with RO's drop for THU gets you 6.8m . RO's Weekend to THU multi (x5.76?) gets you to a ~39.2m weekend.

Better THU drop than RO , better weekend to THU multi than RO or both get you to the 40s. Thats pretty likely imo, or am i missing something?

The weekdays are good should be a healthy weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

Charlie suggested that fri bump from canada (which is a big overperformer for A2) should be more muted this week due to holidays, but yes, I still think this will go in the 40s.

Edited by JustLurking

4 minutes ago, Gkalaitza said:

Big Weekday Numbers for a 3 hour movie bodes well for the weekend, no?