keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I just realized Searching only made 26M domestic in 2018. For some reason I thought that was a 75M hit or something lol. Can't see this opening to more than 5M. If it makes half of what the original did, that would almost be a win for it.

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

What went wrong Avatar 2?

I'm not sure what you were expecting.  People have had to deal with flooding, winter storms, earthquakes, along with Giants and they still braved life and limb to go see it.  It is truly a miracle that they survived. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

40 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The runtime is really starting to take effect now that there aren't any holidays to back it up. I expect the weekdays to be rough going forward, and Top Gun 2 to keep its domestic crown.

TITANIC's runtime was the same and its weekdays were insane.

Edited by CaptNathanBrittles

10 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

I'm not sure what you were expecting.  People have had to deal with flooding, winter storms, earthquakes, along with Giants and they still braved life and limb to go see it.  It is truly a miracle that they survived. 

Oh yeah we had a earthquake in India felt across Atlantic in US 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, M37 said:

That’s a massive increase from Mon for Otto: +$100K/27%, really heading towards a good weekend with expansion. Even Whitney is up 18% from Monday 

I wonder … 🤔

All but 2 films in top 10  saw an increase from a deflated Mon to Wed: new release M3G (no surprise) … and Avatwo 

Noted this before, but even though A2 separated from RO starting on Wed 12/28, the entire top 10 moved largely in unison when compared to 2017. The same relative $ was being spent, just distributed differently

So if Avatwo picked up the slack from the lack of middle tier alternatives for adults after Christmas, then maybe 3 weeks (and $210M) later, audiences who already saw (or passed on) it may now be starting to circle back to the lower level options

(Now we could very well get a Thursday that’s like +10%, making this take age like a cup of milk in the hot sun, but wanted to at least put that out there)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

At the same point in it's run Titanic had only made about $200m, 1/3 of what it would go on to make.  Avatwo has burned off like, A LOT more demand.

It´s not possible to compare Titanic run with other movies, it´s simply not possible...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, setna said:

It´s not possible to compare Titanic run with other movies, it´s simply not possible...

Maybe E.T.? When it comes to not dropping or increasing for weeks and weeks, those two are similar.

• Like 1