Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

7 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

It has limited release. Saw it at PC in London. Tbh I don't get the hype, I didn't like it at all. I'll watch M3gan for the second time, that was fun.

I saw The Outwaters at a festival last year and thought it was unwatchable, don’t know why everyone is raving about it.

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

Otto is a beast locally, not just at my local theatre, but pretty much everywhere I’m looking in pacific British Columbia. If I had no other data on how it’s doing domestically, I’d be looking at these numbers and assuming this was a 30M opener.

So Canada is moving on from Avatar to Otto:)...

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

What's the budget on plane and house party?

The budget on Plane is $50M, which is baffling to me. Yes, there's action set pieces which aren't cheap and COVID filming costs. But that's a lot of money to spend on a film that only has Gerard Butler and the most generic plot.

Lionsgate had this film, but offloaded during the early stages of the pandemic, only to reacquire it. So someone there believed in it.

18 minutes ago, vafrow said:

The budget on Plane is $50M, which is baffling to me. Yes, there's action set pieces which aren't cheap and COVID filming costs. But that's a lot of money to spend on a film that only has Gerard Butler and the most generic plot.

Lionsgate had this film, but offloaded during the early stages of the pandemic, only to reacquire it. So someone there believed in it.

Butler’s films are monsters in PVOD and rentals. Greenland made a 60-80 million dollar profit, though it barely grossed 50 million in theatres. They’re even making a sequel to it.

Theatres aren’t what Lionsgate are betting on for this to make money. 

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I saw The Outwaters at a festival last year and thought it was unwatchable, don’t know why everyone is raving about it.

Bloody Disgusting are really pushing it hard, they’re the distributors in America. 

(they really should stop with the “must be seen with an audience” angle for The Outwaters though, because it’s a tiny theatrical release and then it goes to their… streaming platform lol). 

40 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Bloody Disgusting are really pushing it hard, they’re the distributors in America. 

(they really should stop with the “must be seen with an audience” angle for The Outwaters though, because it’s a tiny theatrical release and then it goes to their… streaming platform lol). 

It’s unwatchable, I saw with an audience and they were very angry about it. There is an entire 40 minutes where you can’t tell what is going on at all, you’re looking at a black screen and just hearing screams. You’ll see a glimpse of something for a second or two but it was horrendous.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It’s unwatchable, I saw with an audience and they were very angry about it. There is an entire 40 minutes where you can’t tell what is going on at all, you’re looking at a black screen and just hearing screams. You’ll see a glimpse of something for a second or two but it was horrendous.

Oh god that sounds dire 😅

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:
Movie Title Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (2) M3GAN $4,850,000 +191% -59% 3,605 $1,345 $43,383,510 8
- (3) Puss in Boots: The Last Wish $3,030,000 +181% -10% 3,030 $1,000 $95,999,975 24
- (8) The Whale $418,000 +146% -5% 1,500 $279 $9,710,940 3

Whoever on this sub dares doubt Puss in Boots again, I will pierce them with my rapier.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:
Movie Title Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (2) M3GAN $4,850,000 +191% -59% 3,605 $1,345 $43,383,510 8
- (3) Puss in Boots: The Last Wish $3,030,000 +181% -10% 3,030 $1,000 $95,999,975 24
- (8) The Whale $418,000 +146% -5% 1,500 $279 $9,710,940 3

Really hoped for 5M for Megan, but oh well. Puss in Boots, excellent number.