kayumanggi

THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE | 04.19.2024 | Lionsgate | current gross: $20,087,333

Deadline:

There’s more star power on board for Guy Ritchie and Jerry Bruckheimer’s new war movie, The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare, we can reveal, ahead of its February 13 start date in Turkey.

Joining Henry Cavill and Eiza González are Alan Ritchson (Fast X, Reacher), Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians, The Gentlemen), Henry Zaga (Beyond The Universe), Alex Pettyfer (Magic Mike, The Butler), Cary Elwes (Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre), Hero Fiennes Tiffin (After franchise), Babs Olusanmokun (Dune, “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”) and Til Schweiger (Inglourious Basterds, Atomic Blonde).

The true story covers UK Prime Minister Winston Churchill’s and Ian Fleming’s secret WWII combat organization. The clandestine squad’s unconventional and ‘ungentlemanly’ fighting techniques against the Nazis helped change the course of the war and gave birth to the modern Black Ops unit.

The script by Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson, Arash Amel and Ritchie is based on war correspondent and military historian Damien Lewis’ best-selling book of the same name. Tamasy and Johnson initiated the project and sold it as a pitch to Bruckheimer and Paramount in 2015.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:03 AM, marveldcfox said:

This gonna be insanely good. A potential Inglorious Basterds / Fury type film.

I hope it's a bit more realistic then those two films were.

I'm not surprised at how fun this looks. Ritchie has gotten the best film performance from Cavill in The Man from UNCLE. It appears the two operate on the same frequency. As much as I know I'm going to enjoy this, it'll probably end up a mild box office disappointment similar to TMfU.

Bonus: Alan Ritchson starring in a WW2 film gets us a step closer to Wolfenstein.