GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

16 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Well i mean over the last few weeks i have seen multiple poeple on here mention 100+mil OW, and 800+mil WW totals.

I'm honestly thinking more like 50mil OW, and 400-500mil WW.

I dont know if tickets are already on sale, and some early tracking has been done or something, so i'm talking just my unbiased opinion here.

Yeah, don't get the hype for Mario either. My opinion is rather biased, though. ;) 

I'm a gamer through and through but never touched a Nintendo gaming system. Even as a youngling i was rather into shooting monsters than picking up mushrooms. :)

31 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Dont really get why so many poeple on here are super confident in the Mario movie. I think its going to underpeform a lot.

Anyone else think its not going to do as good as some think?

It's giving Detective Pikachu prediction vibes. Property is super recognizable which people instantly assume means disproportionately huge BO.

I don't know about OS box office or anything, but I don't see a reason why a 100M opening for Mario wouldn't be in consideration. Trailers consistently do well with a crowd, it trends all the time, advertising has been everywhere, the games have a strong fanbase across every age group, Illumination's the biggest animation brand in town, it's tracking like crazy on The Quorum. Maybe it's all hot air or gamers trying to oversell the thing, but the hype seems pretty legit where I stand.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

smelled a turd and went to see AWOW and PIB again. 

Whites choosing culturally appropriating sexy blue alien cats and furry bait Spanish cat over real sex gods Paul Rudd, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jonathan Majors is why they are the otakus of the races

• Haha 2

For me it's hard to fathom a world where The Super Mario. Bros Movie does anything less than Sonic 2 OW/DOM/WW, which was 72m/192m/402m

It is looking incredibly well done. The art design, animation quality, and 90% of the voice acting is on point. I think the deep cast roster and not a focus on a single star ala Ryan Reynolds/Jim Carrey makes a difference. How much of Pikachu and Sonic success was because of the films being sold on those two personalities?

Mario appears to be hitting every possible button needed to draw out anyone who fell in love with Nintendo at any point over the past four decades. Chris Pratt remains miscast unfortunately, but at this point everyone's ready to overlook it. And like much of Illumination, I expect it to have high rewatchability.

I'm thinking $85m/$220m/$550m

• Like 4

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

Me checking this place out right now for the first time:

what-is-this-place-chris-pratt.gif

I've been updating their tracking changes in the Tracking Thread for months now. I also made a whole thread about it that, while kind of outdated, since it was published in late August, is still interesting and still shows that it's largely accurate to the general box office. Even today, Ant-Man's mid-50s awareness is around what Venom 2 had. And what do you know? It's opening on par with Venom 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

, it's tracking like crazy on The Quorum. 

JWD

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's giving Detective Pikachu prediction vibes. Property is super recognizable which people instantly assume means disproportionately huge BO.

An interesting difference is Mario is showing up on the top the most anticipated of the year lists on Fandango which Pikachu didn’t, no Endgame like beast to compete with and Illumination is much more consistent than WB for animation or family films. I’d be shocked if it did worse than Sonic 2.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Dont really get why so many poeple on here are super confident in the Mario movie. I think its going to underpeform a lot.

Anyone else think its not going to do as good as some think?

My reasons are: it's from illumination, which has only 3 movies below 200M; it's the first animated movie in 4 months and has one month with nearly zero competition, and marketing's reception has been good. Plus Sonic 2 opened to 72M and grossed 190M a year ago

28 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Whites choosing culturally appropriating sexy blue alien cats and furry bait Spanish cat over real sex gods Paul Rudd, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jonathan Majors is why they are the otakus of the races

You say that like either or is a bad thing ;)