GOGODanca

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — Weekend Thread | 105.5M 3-Day, 120M 4-Day

25 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Literally more than 90% of people posting in the thread are going to see the movie in theaters. But yeah Marvel haters... 😄

Some of us even saw the movie and didn’t bother to post our reactions cause what’s the point in piling on. If you don’t like something, you can always just avoid talking about it. 

It´s a bit harder now to predict how MCU projects will turn out, but i think GOTG3 will be greatly received and very succesful

The script was entirely written way before the shooting started, filming was very smooth, editing and post seems smooth as well and without absurd deadlines since the photography ended a year ago 

And not only the production seems well structured but this movie will have consequences [some won´t make it to the end / it´s the final chapter of this group etc], probably the first MCU movie since EG that will have a closing feeling instead of being just another piece of something being build for the future 

I´m feeling 87-90% on RT [with a decent 7.4 - 7.5 average] and 170-180M OW 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 11

56 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

160m

Yeah that's the number I've settled on for Guardians 3 too. It feels right. If it looks like it's going to be something special and reviews are great then obviously it might be closer to Wakanda Forever/Multiverse of Madness.

Edited by Verrows

38 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Marvel haters can stay quiet now. 🤫 

We all know 100M is a decent OW and yes the SAT is very good if it holds, but unlike most people we follow this data close enough to know how much better the OW could´ve been and predict how brutal the next weeks can be as well 

We´re being objective and discussing things the way they are, and honestly the whole discussion on social media is a good thing overall, how MCU can be better if we just swallow everything they put out, they need to know what their audience feels 

Unless it´s straight up trolling, making valid critiques is way more proof of love and care for MCU than praise everything

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

We all know 100M is a decent OW and yes the SAT is very good if it holds, but unlike most people we follow this data close enough to know how much better the OW could´ve been and predict how brutal the next weeks can be as well 

We´re being objective and discussing things the way they are, and honestly the whole discussion on social media is a good thing overall, how MCU can be better if we just swallow everything they put out, they need to know what their audience feels 

Unless it´s straight up trolling, making valid critiques is way more proof of love and care for MCU than praise everything

You're so right here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guardians 3 (and Deadpool 3 and I guess Fantastic Four?) feels like the only MCU movie that will be unaffected by any Marvel fatigue IMO. The ads and trailers have done well in setting this up as an event, they've done well with keeping the characters alive but not super oversaturated where you still kind of miss them, and Daddy Gunn I Trust in delivering some fun and emotional stuff. Good luck to everything else though lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Guardians 3 (and Deadpool 3 and I guess Fantastic Four?) feels like the only MCU movie that will be unaffected by any Marvel fatigue IMO. The ads and trailers have done well in setting this up as an event, they've done well with keeping the characters alive but not super oversaturated where you still kind of miss them, and Daddy Gunn I Trust in delivering some fun and emotional stuff. Good luck to everything else though lol

Also Spider-Man 4 will probably do pretty well. 

14 minutes ago, bakedpotato said:

Amazing, 125M 4-Day OW went from 1% to 50% in that real money market for Ant-Man. Box Office Theory Forums >> r/boxoffice 😃 

wagmi MCU not dead yet!

😎

BE796-C45-4-D4-D-4-A2-E-A4-FD-A833-AF452210
Funny spike of people having the right idea after Fri reported but then it got totally eaten up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric the Conqueror said:

Spider-Man 4! Prince Peter is back to being pop-culture's favorite superhero as he should 🥲

• Like 1

The fact that this is still set for a $110M 3-day opening even with the scathing reviews goes to show how much power the Marvel brand still has. And again, unlike DC, they still have time to see what audiences are responding to or not, and adjust their plans accordingly. Said audience not widely rejecting the story presented here also helps.

2 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Marvel haters can stay quiet now. 🤫 

the thing is those haters hate watch it even before most of the fans ! then will complain about how it's doing this much on box office ! while they will prasie those good art movies in twitter after watching them in streaming instead of theaters 

Deadline updated their article with a $33.9M Saturday number:

https://deadline.com/2023/02/box-office-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-opening-1235263086/

SATURDAY PM: Industry estimates tonight have Disney/Marvel Studios Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania heading to a $33.9M Saturday, -26% from Friday+previews $46M which will get the Peyton Reed directed threequel to a $109M 3-day, potential $127.5M 4-day. These numbers do not come from Disney. The studio could be slightly higher or lower in the AM, but exhibition and the Burbank lot are in for a rich weekend.

Saturday’s ease is better percent wise than the Friday-to-Saturday hold for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (-36%), Thor: Love and Thunder (-40%) and not far from Eternals (-22%). The first two movies were rated B+ by moviegoers, while Eternals has a B, which is what Ant-Man 3 received.

• Like 2