GOGODanca

Weekday Thread (2/21-2/23)

41 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Maybe Hollywood will learn the lesson that you shouldn't pay a batter $50m if they can only hit singles.

I love how what in theory should be one of the biggest success stories of the post-pandemic landscape is actually a slight flop because they thought it would be funny to film on location

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I love how what in theory should be one of the biggest success stories of the post-pandemic landscape is actually a slight flop because they thought it would be funny to film on location

It's such a shame. The movie appears to be a big crowdpleaser and its gross is exceptional in a vacuum, but the budget is as astonishingly stupid as the box office is impressive!

Edited by Dragoncaine

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

He is expecting 9.5m for wed and Thurs. Let's see . Personally think it comes in around 8.-8.5m

Gitesh weekend reviews are amazing and I remember reading them from early days of his website. But his BO projections suck big time. I am feeling sub 8m and most likely sub 170m by sunday. Where it ends up depends on 3rd weekend hold. If it has fair hold, it will still end up with a solid domestic gross ahead of Ant 2. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Uncharted did 2.9x that's why, Shang-chi did 2.37x

Why would you bring up Uncharted or the very well received SC? Look at MoM and Thor and how poor the legs were on that. BP2 also did not really have a great multiplier even though it was well received.

2.5 times the 3 day is about as good as we can hope these days with how front loaded Marvel (and all superhero comic book) is. Thats for well received movies. The previews start to early and the rush to watch early is very strong. 

MoM 2.19

Thor 2.38

BP2 2.5  

thats each movies 3 day multiplier. ANTM3 did 106M,  2.3 (upper limit) is 243M. Its more likely to be 2.1-2.2 IMO (220-230M) after a B Cinemascore and Rotten and below 50 on MC.

Not even 2x on the 4 day. Thats without really looking at the weekdays which are already brutal. 7M and an early number of 4M for Wed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Verrows said:

The first Wednesday for Doctor Strange MoM was 4.86% of its OW. For Quantumania, it's 3.86%. So yeah, this is likely headed for an even worse multi than MoM.

I should note though that I was using a flat $4M for Quantumania. If it goes higher then obviously that % changes.

Or if it goes lower....

53 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Rumours now say that Eternals 2 is happening; if that's the case, then Ant-Man 4 will also happen whether someone likes it or not lol

I guess the Eternals are key characters to the final events of the Multiverse saga. At least, this has been the plan from the begining. I read some time ago that Chloe Zhao is working on the sequel