Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (2/27-3/2) | Cocaine Bear's #1 on Wednesday. America's got a drug problem!

10 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

There is no way ant man drops that hard. That DS film is not even a proper DS film. It would need something like 60%+ 3rd weekend drop.

I'm not sure if we can rule out a 60% drop for Antman. It's going to lose premium screens this weekend. Something like Doctor Strange stabilized in weekend 3, but it still had all of its premium screens at that point and no real competition until the next weekend with Top Gun.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's time for MCU to take things seriously, in the era where audience' have got the taste of High quality blockbuster cinema like Avatar Way of Water, Top Gun Maverick, Jurassic World Domination, Puss In Boots 2, mediocre products like Phase 4 & 5 won't fly.

One of these is not like the others.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Lower than the "cult hit" 50 shades of grey (1,846,390)

FSoG only made $35M after its second Monday. 

With Creed coming in and taking its IMAX and most of the Premium screens I would expect another big fall this weekend. Creed's reviews so far are really strong (90% positive overall and 89% among Top critics).

Could it fall something like 60%? That would be around $12.8M. FSoG made $10.6M its third weekend.

AM&W did a $16.5M 3rd weekend, I imagine it will come in well below that.

13 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's time for MCU to take things seriously, in the era where audience' have got the taste of High quality blockbuster cinema like Avatar Way of Water, Top Gun Maverick, Jurassic World Domination, Puss In Boots 2, mediocre products like Phase 4 & 5 won't fly.

Something doesn't add up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Feige can't oversee all MCU movies. This is clear now. Out of eight MCU movies, four turned out well and four were average to bad. I think this will continue in the future as well.

18 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The math ain't mathing

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

he thinks he's on the team

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

34 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Since everyone else is pointing it out

Chris Pratt Trailer GIF by Jurassic World

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Weird Jurassic World take aside, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this thought. The competition not being up to par boosted Marvel massively in the previous decade. Now, the competition is stepping up. The average Joe got a taste of prestige cinema, and now they want more of that. The Marvel way might not be enough anymore. Perhaps a filmmaker-driven approach might actually work for DC this time unlike the Snyder era.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Weird Jurassic World take aside, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this thought. The competition not being up to par boosted Marvel massively in the previous decade. Now, the competition is stepping up. The average Joe got a taste of prestige cinema, and now they want more of that. The Marvel way might not be enough anymore. Perhaps a filmmaker-driven approach might actually work for DC this time unlike the Snyder era.

Dude, I like those movies too, but they aren't "prestige cinema" by any stretch of the imagination. They're just fun, well-made toy commercials that got hyped up and are popular because of nostalgia and flashy spectacle. They aren't highbrow features for intellectuals and aren't any different from the design and appeal of those Marvel pieces people are trying to shade. Those movies just executed it better.

If anything, people are more averse and appalled than ever to actual prestige cinema judging by the godawful numbers of Fabelmans and The Northman.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

you forgot F9. Young Dom's performance gave me chills

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shia Labeouf once said "we weren't making the movie to make a good movie but to hit a date"- That is the crux of marvels problem, stop pumping these things out at rapid pace and instead slow down and make them each as good as possible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

hmm... what? That was also trash lol