interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

Just now, Mojoguy said:

Damn, this Majors news is really blowing up right now in the media.

John Wick now needs to make $80-100M OW to get back at the top of the conversation!

No offense man but physical assault needs to always be on top of the conversation over a fictional movie.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I feel like they will rename Kang Dynasty and just name Avengers 5 "The Dynasty" or something like that. Avengers 5 and 6 will be Dr. Doom films. They add a little more projects in between 2024 to 2028 to build up Doom, so Avengers 5 in 2028 and Secret Wars pt 1 and pt2 2029, 2030. That could be a stupid plan, just some food for thought. 

They might try and retool Kang Dynasty to be the end of the Multiverse Saga and shelve Secret Wars for at least another decade in order to make that the finale for Saga 3 instead.

kinda ashamed about the fact that my initial reaction was something like "ha ha marvel in trouble", took me some time to realize I was laughing at a person's pain

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

I don't think Ant-Man's issue was the marketing, the film opened to over 100 million, the issue was that the movie wasn't actually what the marketing sold.

Yeah people were extremely hyped for the tonal change. A great move… if you don’t make the movie so bad.

5 hours ago, Eric Wick said:

I mean...I'm sure it is. It's just that the trailers tried to hype it up as something ultra-dramatic with Kang set to be this super scary baddie you don't want to mess with...when the last Ant-Man movie was about playing hot potato with a shrunken laboratory. Just a real bad case of tonal whiplash. When the last trailer went all dramatic music and teased Ant-Man dying, I had a feeling this movie was in big trouble.

No offense but that tonal shift was exactly why it was opening to $150M+. Too bad it turned out to be crap and is barely doing $200M+ full run.

Being an adult, you probably don't have good gist on silly kids movies.

• Like 4