interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

I wouldn't expect moral certitude from Disney considering the other people they employ in the MCU, the lack of dignity in their response to DeSantis, or the fact that they're hyping thousands of impending layoffs like the release of a new MCU slate. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I totally understand why victims of abuse don't speak out and this is well said (though I don't agree with Heard being any more terrible than any of us if we had our entire private lives exposed, Depp is an abusive creep whose insane cult lied about the facts).

Ah, sorry if I took kitten steps with this automatically because on the whole one has to do so in order to do any convincing at all on this issue with many. For the record, while I would reiterate that she has some deeply unfortunate mannerisms under stress, I completely agree with you. It was and is a cult, and one of the most disturbing insights into people's relationships with celebrity, gender and perceptions-of-supposedly-objective-decision-making I've ever had the misfortune to see. Illuminating in the worst way.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 4

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jonathan-majors-pleads-innocence-domestic-dispute-arrest-woman-having-emotional-crisis

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently," Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ criminal defense lawyer, told Fox News Digital.

"This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations," the statement continued.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jonathan-majors-pleads-innocence-domestic-dispute-arrest-woman-having-emotional-crisis

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently," Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ criminal defense lawyer, told Fox News Digital.

"This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations," the statement continued.

so he could be cancelled and uncancelled in the same weekend? 

If only we lived in a world that didn’t jump to conclusions without due process. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Thats why people shouldnt jump the gun with this stuff.  Drama talk turns people against the accused, and when they often are proven to be innocent, some people are still against them because of all the drama crap.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

While it would be great for Majors if this is the case… were y’all expecting his defense lawyer to say something else? Of course they’re going to make it sound like he’s inarguably innocent. Might want to wait for that evidence to actually surface and for all of this to play out first. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Very strong statement from his lawyer, though the victim recanting doesn’t always mean much. However, video is a different story. I wonder if the tape will be released?

Also, it might be a good time for the "everyone knew" folks to provide some details about Majors, if they have any. There's lots of "everybody knows" gossip about other stars (some about predatory behavior, some not), and not all of it is true.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John Marston said:

finishing between 130-140m worldwide. Could be the Bomb of the year 

Depending on "of the year" (obviously the release straddles 22 and 23)....but Fabelmans was made by a huge name director, was critical darling, had a pretty big marketing run and then....made $39m on a $40m budget WW.

Shazam already has at least made over its budget WW and has a chance at x1.5.

And obviously it's nowhere near as much of a bomb as Babylon or Amsterdam were. Though those movies are solidly 2022.

26 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

so he could be cancelled and uncancelled in the same weekend? 

If only we lived in a world that didn’t jump to conclusions without due process. 

we live in the era of tik tok and twitter

It wont happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Depending on "of the year" (obviously the release straddles 22 and 23)....but Fabelmans was made by a huge name director, was critical darling, had a pretty big marketing run and then....made $39m on a $40m budget WW.

Shazam already has at least made over its budget WW and has a chance at x1.5.

And obviously it's nowhere near as much of a bomb as Babylon or Amsterdam were. Though those movies are solidly 2022.

None of these is a sequel dropping 60%+ off the original. I also don't see any way Shazam is going 1.5x its 125. 1.2x or slightly over that maybe.

All i want to add to this discussion is a historical perspective: The phrase "innocent until proven guilty" has never ever been - in any society - really worked as intended on a broad basis. As soon as someone is accused of something, in the eyes of many people they are guilty - or not guily, if they rally enough support behind them. The truth often doesnt really matter, only the perception of the truth.

However, before the age of social media, most instances of this kind either didnt blow up immidiately or were never really known to a wider public in the first place, except when it was about really famous persons. But with the Internet and Social Media also came the possibility for millions of people to instantly make up their mind if someone did something or not - and most id wager dont make the effort to actually wait for a trial to take place. So if someone is accusing someone of a crime in todays day and age, the effect of that accusation for all partys involved is far far greater than before the age of the Internet. This is atleast my personal opinion/observation.

I want to clarify that i dont intend to make any kind of "moral" observation on this topic. Perspective is really important imo: From the perspective of victims of abusers for example, the development of all this in the last 10 years is probably seen as really positive. But whether you personally think this development is a good or bad thing, i think its hard to argue that the power of Social Media in these cases is immense.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Waiting for Feige to call 

mads mikkelsen hannibal GIF

edit: I totally forgot he was in the first Strange. Is there any name actor that hasn’t been in the MCU at this point? 

Christopher Plummer

Moderation:

I’m just starting up a general moderation notice to say that please keep the discussion of the ongoing Jonathan Majors investigation as respectful as possible to your fellow board members. I think everyone’s been doing a good job so far, but it only takes one to cross the line and everything spiral out of control.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Awful. All I see on social media is Florence Pugh’s name up in lights and trending. Yet those ‘fans’ clearly don’t translate into ticket buyers - or more likely translate to a few hundred thousand fan accounts for clicks. 

I mean people refuse to watch anything that’s not a nostalgic toy commercial. That’s been established for a while now. Do you really think people will rush to see one that isn’t one of those that also has a 54% just because it has an actor they like? Come on now.