interiorgatordecorator

Mar 24 - 26 weekend thread - John Wick ̶3̶ 4 opens - woke up to a 5.9 monday | Jonathan is in Majors trouble | Shazam 2 crushed the Ant |

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jonathan-majors-pleads-innocence-domestic-dispute-arrest-woman-having-emotional-crisis

"Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows. We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently," Priya Chaudhry, Majors’ criminal defense lawyer, told Fox News Digital.

"This evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode, and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations," the statement continued.

Probably he's the victim of an altercation with a woman? 🙃

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

though I don't agree with Heard being any more terrible than any of us if we had our entire private lives exposed

So you are saying most people manufacture false abuse allegations, make fake bruises and create ostentatious show with fake tears around journalists to shake a big star for money, ruin his career and boost their career by pretending to be a victim? This is Gone Girl style sociopathic behaviour, not average skeletons in the closet. Depp is an alcoholic, drug addict, he was unprofessional and he does have crazy fanbase, but I have yet to see any real evidence that he's an abuser, from what I saw he was too high and drunk to even stand on his feet properly, let alone assault anyone, Heard on the other hand...

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

2 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Harvey Weinstein has worked with some of the biggest directors, writers, and actors in the game today. I am pretty sure if his behavior had been a problem for so long, it would've been well known much earlier.

Woody Allen has worked with some of the biggest studios and producers and actors in the game today. I am pretty sure if his behavior had been a problem for so long, it would've come out publicly before it did.

Billy Cosby. Roman Polanski. Kevin Spacey. The list goes on and on. Maybe the exact reason people hold onto their personal stories of assault, abuse, and fear until one person is brave enough to break the ice and come forward is because of the exact victim-blaming mentality expressed in your comment, and hundreds of others I've seen online in the past 24 hours.

Signed,

The Head of Development at a New York-based production company.

Yeah those are some powerful names.

Majors has been powerful for 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

so he could be cancelled and uncancelled in the same weekend? 

If only we lived in a world that didn’t jump to conclusions without due process. 

Yes. Clearly Majors’ lawyer is saying the honest truth. Lawyers always say the truth and won’t try to say stuff to put their client in their best light.

Come on dude.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 3

3 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

Yes. Clearly Majors’ lawyer is saying the honest truth. Lawyers always say the truth and won’t try to say stuff to put their client in their best light.

Come on dude.

well it’s one thing to just say he’s innocent and to claim they have hard evidence that shows he didn’t do it. Guess we will find out soon 

19 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

I mean people refuse to watch anything that’s not a nostalgic toy commercial. That’s been established for a while now. Do you really think people will rush to see one that isn’t one of those that also has a 54% just because it has an actor they like? Come on now.

Oh yeah, those John Wick figures are flying off the shelves! I bet that Cocaine Bear Funko Pop is going to be a kid favourite this Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If the altercation happened in a taxi then what time would the victim have to fake injuries.

And the cops probably already have the video evidence.

Would they charge Majors if the video evidence absolved him?

Victims recanting, ESPECIALLY if they are the spouse/partner of their abuser, is endemic in real domestic violence situations.  It can sometimes take a dozen arrests before a victim will finally decide they have had enough and stick to their story to send their abuser to jail.  And that is without the possibility of financial payments made to the victim to "compensate" for the injury to encourage a dropped charge and recant that those of wealth with private attorneys on retainer can offer.  

• Like 10

While I’m sure his lawyer isn’t lying about a video existing, they could very well be over-exaggerating what that video will do. There’s been plenty of instances of lawyers hyping up their evidence as “this will completely exonerate my client” material, and then when that evidence is presented, it’s anything but. They’re trying to turn the media back to the client’s favor. Maybe the video will prove without a doubt he’s innocent, or maybe it won’t. I sure wouldn’t take the lawyer’s word for it sight unseen though.

As for the alleged victim recanting, victims of domestic violence frequently recant their statements out of fear of retaliation from their partner, so I wouldn’t put too much into that either.

Again, let’s wait and see.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Victims recanting, ESPECIALLY if they are the spouse/partner of their abuser, is endemic in real domestic violence situations.  It can sometimes take a dozen arrests before a victim will finally decide they have had enough and stick to their story to send their abuser to jail.  And that is without the possibility of financial payments made to the victim to "compensate" for the injury to encourage a dropped charge and recant that those of wealth with private attorneys on retainer can offer.  

I wonder if the taxi video will be made public.

Does anyone know why video evidence is sometimes released publicly and sometimes it's not?

42 minutes ago, Eric Wick said:

I mean people refuse to watch anything that’s not a nostalgic toy commercial. That’s been established for a while now. Do you really think people will rush to see one that isn’t one of those that also has a 54% just because it has an actor they like? Come on now.

I expected a healthier number than what it put up. 

outside the nostalgic toy commercials there have been smaller original movies doing well. This isn’t one of them. I’m just saying something like this should have some extra pull for having a major star in it. Yet the reality is Pugh’s not as big a star as social media would lead anybody to believe. 

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. If however he did do what he's accused of, the thing I will never be able to understand about these people who have the world with their feet and the future as bright as the sun, is why they would do something stupid that will more than likely kill their career or at least derail it. I don't know if it's ego, stupidity, just being too impetuous, or just doing the wrong thing at the wrong time but it just doesn't make any sense to me. 

I get why guys like Harvey Weinstein do what they do, because they were untouchable and nobody ever punished them for it. 

But New kids on the Block, who like I said, have the world at their feet and are just starting out, such a bone-headed move.

• Like 4