Fast X $340M

Little Mermaid $150M

Transformers $200M

Flash $300M

Indy 5 $295M

MI 7 $290M

Oppenheimer $100M

Barbie $100M

Just for a few I pulled on google searches...

A 100 million for a movie about the a bomb?

Here is my prediction: 

All summer movies will do good. None will bomb in terms of grossed. GotG vol 3, Fast X, TLM, Across the spider-verse, Indy 5, Elemental, Haunted Mansion, Barbie, Oppenheimer, MI7, Transfomers, Indy 5 will do well. I think everyone will do from range to good to megahit. Sadly Vol 3 will most likely not be in the megahit range.

4 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Is a movie about the guy who made the a bomb  supposed to be a blockbuster?

Not trying to be mean..

It's directed by Nolan so people have some expectations. At this moment i don't think it makes a lot more than 120M domestic. If any other director was behind it, i would have guessed under 80M easily

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

https://www.boxofficepro.com/easter-weekend-box-office-forecast-the-super-mario-bros-movie-could-power-up-150m-in-long-holiday-start/

Weekend Forecast & Location Count Projections

Current projection ranges call for a 69 to 96 percent increase from last weekend’s $91.7 million top ten aggregate.

Film Studio 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, April 2 Fri Location Count Projection (as of Wed) 3-Day % Change from Last Wknd
The Super Mario Bros. Movie Universal Pictures $112,000,000 $164,000,000 4,025 (Wed) / 4,343 (Fri) NEW
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Paramount Pictures $13,600,000 $61,700,000 ~3,855 -63%
John Wick: Chapter 4 Lionsgate $13,400,000 $145,600,000 ~3,600 -53%
Air Amazon Studios $11,600,000 $16,900,000 3,507 NEW
His Only Son Angel Studios $3,800,000 $11,800,000 ~1,920 -31%
Scream VI Paramount Pictures $3,500,000 $104,100,000 ~2,500 -34%
Creed III MGM $2,800,000 $153,400,000 ~2,300 -44%
Shazam! Fury of the Gods Warner Bros. Pictures $2,100,000 $57,400,000 ~2,400 -54%
Paint IFC Films $1,200,000 $1,200,000 ~800 NEW
65 Sony Pictures / Columbia $900,000 $32,200,000 ~1,000 -43%

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

who is the audience for a Barbie movie? It should be small girls but the movie is targeted to adults? What? And hype online does not always equate to general audience interest, and don’t forget Margot Robbie is not a draw 

Barbie to Millenials is what Minions 2 was to GenZ/GenAlpha. It'll have some family appeal, but this is going to be huge in the 18-40 demo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sadly, based on quorum numbers and trailer views, I'm most worried about Indy of any blockbuster this summer. It's the one I'm most personally rooting for.

Scream 6  main trailer had way less youtube views then 5 and that ended up meaning nothing. 

Edited by screambaby

3 minutes ago, screambaby said:

A 100 million for a movie about the a bomb?

Do you think nolan, damon, rdj, Emily blunt work for minimum wage?

It's not even the craziest budget out of that list, there's no reason for Indiana Jones to be running 300m

6 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Do you think nolan, damon, rdj, Emily blunt work for minimum wage?

It's not even the craziest budget out of that list, there's no reason for Indiana Jones to be running 300m

I Disney budgets are always absurd and their not spending a 100 million on a director and actors for a movie a meant for Oscar's not blockbusters.

Again jmo 

2 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I think The Flash has the potential to be this summer's Lightyear,

That's The Little Mermaid. Some people (racists) think it's gone woke and they are boycotting it.

I think The Flash will be big, possibly biggest of the summer

I Disney budgets are always absurd and their not spending a 100 million on a director and actors for a movie a meant for Oscar's not blockbusters.

Again jmo 

Nolan made a ww2 movie that cost 100m and it grossed over 500m they spent that much cause he's one of the few who can justify it

Edited by GOGODanca
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Nolan made a ww2 movie that cost 100m and it grossed over 500m they spent that much cause he's one of the few who can justify it

Dunkirk was a war movie though. I would presume a movie about guys making a bomb will have a much smaller audience. Even with the special effects I just saw in the trailer just now

Edited by screambaby

2 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

I’d love to know what makes you so confident, because Gerwig‘s two past films have been very well received.

Mission impossible fallout had historically great critics scores, the last 3 have all been fantastically well received, probably that 

Dunkirk was a war movie though. I would presume a movie about guys making a bomb will have a much smaller audience. Even with the special effects I just saw in the trailer just now

The belief is that nolan can bring in an audience, they wouldn't give out 100m for this movie to almost any other director 

• Like 1