Eric Lasagna

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

33.5 for an animated OD on a random April Wed where very few kids are still on SB, A CS… yeah this is going to be an absolute monster at the box office. Really failing to see anything else standing a good chance to beat it this year. 

i think a good amount are on Spring Break

• Like 1

Mario’s going nuts tonight. Evening sales are blowing matinees out of the water. This is going to be closer to Charlie’s 33.5M than EC’s 32.5M. 

Sales for Thursday pretty good too. And the weekend is nuts. Im thinking 160 or 170+ for the 5-day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 5

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Mario’s going nuts tonight. Evening sales are blowing matinees out of the water. This is going to be closer to Charlie’s 33.5M than EC’s 32.5M. 

Sales for Thursday pretty good too. And the weekend is nuts. Im thinking 160 or 170+ for the 5-day.

I feel like if the weekend is going that crazy, something like 145 OW seems possible from this OD. In which case it could be knocking at 200s door by then 

We dont know how much of Air opening day will be from the sneaks last weekend. I did not track it. But it should not have received any PLF/Imax and so average ticket price would be low. As such walk ups today was just ok. it finished tad above 43K but that is 2.5m at best. But as I posted above that does not include the sneaks and so I am not sure where the opening day BO will end up. But I would be surprised if 3.5m holds. 

Mario we have numbers from EC and Charlie and both are crazy strong. I have nothing more to add beyond noting average ticket price is lower than say SH blockbuster due to lot more child tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is this a Wed animated OD record? Failing to remember if any high profile animated stuff has opened on Wed. Shrek 2 keeps coming to mind, which bombed on OD before becoming one of the biggest movies ever (what a time that was). 

Despicable Me 2 opened to 35M on a Wednesday, but that was a holiday and during summer.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Enough about bitch ass Mario, can we get some Air numbers? I want a 50m+ domestic total which means an 18m five day which means like 3.5 today.

Same, I want this to be a hit to encourage even more prestigious streaming titles reversing course and going theatrical first (though that's already happening with Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon).

46 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Enough about bitch ass Mario, can we get some Air numbers? I want a 50m+ domestic total which means an 18m five day which means like 3.5 today.

Timmy's face when dad tells him they're watching Air cause Super Mario is sold out.

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

As I posted earlier OD number will include sneak gross from the weekend. Take that into account as well. 

Top Ten Wednesdays...

1) The Twillight Saga: Eclipse - 68m

2) Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - 62m

3) Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 58m

4) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- 44m

5) Spider-man 2 - 40m

6) Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens - 38m

7) Transformers Dark of the Moon - 37m

8.) Despicable Me 2 - 35m

9) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - 34m

10) Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

(Ha ha, episode 9 got knocked out the top ten)