Eric the IF

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

Think it safe to say that audiences are digging it. 

A CS

96% RT verified

94% all audience on RT

9,4 on Maoyan

8,2 on  Douban

4,2 on Allocine

3,6 on Letterboxd

7,5 on IMDb

Solid, to fantastic on several metrics.

• Like 7

Illumination is now #1 Animation Studio

Congratulations Bob Chapek on destroying Top 2 animation studio for Disney+ :rofl:

The Live action Moana is just cherry on the cake of how far both studios have fallen.

Illumination truly deserves this success,  they just didn't give up on their products to boost streaming service

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Whilst I am happy for Mario's behemoth success, I hope Illumination stay right away from Zelda or tbh any other non-Mario Nintendo properties. I think maybe one of or perhaps all of a Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Luigi spn off will happen but I think I speak for all Zelda fans when I don't think an Illumination-style movie would work at all. 

5 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Whilst I am happy for Mario's behemoth success, I hope Illumination stay right away from Zelda or tbh any other non-Mario Nintendo properties. I think maybe one of or perhaps all of a Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Luigi spn off will happen but I think I speak for all Zelda fans when I don't think an Illumination-style movie would work at all. 

Let the goats at Dreamworks handle Zelda

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Congratulations Bob Chapek on destroying Top 2 animation studio for Disney+ :rofl:

The Live action Moana is just cherry on the cake of how far both studios have fallen.

Illumination truly deserves this success,  they just didn't give up on their products to boost streaming service

Do they even have a streaming service 

11 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Oh you already know Donkey Kong Country and Luigi's Mansion are for sure going to happen.

I think illumination can do good for other Nintendo Properties though like Pokemon for sure though WB is doing that.

33 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

In 2019, Pixar, WDAS, WDP, Star Wars, and MCU combined gave Disney seven films over $1 billion WW. With the downward decline of all of these studios at the box office (whether it be from quality, output, or because of Disney+), it might be some time before we see another billion dollar film from one of them. Disney is lucky they have the Avatar franchise, as that is the only one that is capable of the type of box office domination we saw from Disney previously.

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

I love to see how non Disney/Pixar are dominating BO chart for animation post-Covid.

And non Disney movies in general. Have nothing against Disney, but it's a breath of fresh air.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I told you this was going to be the biggest movie this year. :rofl:

And Deadline's 26M was yeah, just them being Deadline.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.