kayumanggi

Weekdays Thread | April 10 - 13 | Thursday Numbers | 9.87M THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 1.04M JOHN WICK IV | 1.02M AIR | 0.96M D&D

With its multi-generational nostalgic appeal, 500m domestic total, non-Summer release, ~11m first Wednesday and Thursday, and ~320m dom through its second Sunday, Beauty and the Beast is starting to feel like it may be the best comp here. 

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Lets aim for under 50% and over 75m before jumping the crazy train 😂😂

Its not hitting 90m+ 

And I will gladly eat my crow if it does, but not even BOP is willing to go that far, and they are already bullish. 

We shall see. I 100% believe this is a weekend movie at its core, and if that’s true with these kind of weekday #s, well … watch out 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Why did Mario drop 22% on Tuesday? Don't Tuesday box office usually increase?

Because Monday had spillover and although not an official holiday it still had a lot of people off work and school.

• Like 1

FYI Suzume is taking imax shows at many places. That is really weird as that is a small movie. I wonder why Mario could not lock up Imax for at least 2 weeks. At least at MTC1 I see a drop of 15% of shows tomorrow. Friday show counts are ahead of today and so its good for 2nd weekend. So loss of Imax and fewer shows means I expecting a non trivial drop tomorrow(~10%). 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Its always movies like Mario that make me smile with comments. I've been around nearly 20 years back when Mojo was still legit. The questions that come in from newer followers, especially in the post covid world give me joy and remind me that we were all learning at one point. Hopefully box office as a whole keeps up enough for discussion and hobby enjoyment for years to come. 

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how does 65 million sound?

For Mario’s 2nd weekend? That would be a disappointing collapse. Even an $18M Friday with a 59% Saturday increase and a 33% Sunday drop gets it to $66M.

Right now I’ve got it pencilled in for $20M Friday and $75M 2nd weekend, and I will likely stick with that until we get the Friday number.

Edited by superduperm