The Wild Eric

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

NGL if not for that tweet that went viral a few weeks ago about how they had to photoshop the face of an actor who apparently dropped out of the show onto a body double to finish a scene I would've forgotten that Grease prequel was a thing that actually exists (or existed, since it's about to be removed).

Eighty-seven percent of the union voted in support of the deal in a referendum that ended on June 23, while 13 percent voted against it. Forty-one percent of the union’s 16,321 eligible voting members — a group that includes directors, assistant directors, unit production managers and stage managers, among others — turned out for the vote. The union framed this as a turnout level that “exceeded any prior DGA ratification vote.”

Easy to pull off a victory when most can't be bothered, I guess.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Easy to pull off a victory when most can't be bothered, I guess.

I mean, that's not much less than the SAG-AFTRA authorization vote of something like 48% of eligible members.

From reading between the lines, looks like the DGA released that number to show that more members voted than usually do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I know it's not the important thing, but there go the global Barbie premieres with Margot and Ryan!

This, of course, hinges on whether Sneider is a better insider than he is an Oscars predictor...

He is good. He does has sources. But at this level he could be wrong. We will know soon enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I know it's not the important thing, but there go the global Barbie premieres with Margot and Ryan!

This, of course, hinges on whether Sneider is a better insider than he is an Oscars predictor...

October is probably the worst case scenario , end of July is most optimistic

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Buckle up, because we have a long 6 months ahead of us. I don't see how this strike ends before next year. I really don't. Between Indiana Jones 5 flopping and the SAG joining the strike, this weekend is going to be one to remember. And not for any pleasant reasons. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some of these Thanksgiving and Christmas tentpoles set for this year be pushed to next year, just so studios can have something to release then.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Buckle up, because we have a long 6 months ahead of us. I don't see how this strike ends before next year. I really don't. Between Indiana Jones 5 flopping and the SAG joining the strike, this weekend is going to be one to remember. And not for any pleasant reasons. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some of these Thanksgiving and Christmas tentpoles set for this year be pushed to next year, just so studios can have something to release then.

It could be smart. Also, I propose re-releasing the MCU films in order to help movie theaters. I’d very much be down for watching all the films in IMAX, only got a chance to do that from Avengers forward.