Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

28 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Do you understand what unions are?  

20 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Really? The whole industry is shutting down because of background.small actors?   I find that hard to believe. It's about the medium/big name actors imo feeling they're not getting enough of the pie with the new reality like Netflix and all the streaming.

I don't think they do. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Yes, the back catalogue of all movies should be accessible on one streaming service, instead of half a dozen that all cost the same amount.

Good luck with getting all the studios to go along with that.

Oh I would love a Turner Classic Movies on steroids, but that is never going to happen.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That perfect saying is one of the very best things to come from the South:)...

I remember one lady from the South saying that about Anna Paquin's now you hear it now you don;t Southern accent in the first couple of X men movies............

Unlike with the pandemic which it was out of everyone's control in terms of uncertainly and delays, I can envision the exhibitors putting pressure on the studios to resolve this because they get affected the most if there isn't new product on the horizon or delayed. 

56 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

I don't disagree that the Chris Pratts and Tom Cruises (i don't care if he chooses to risk his life for a film) of the world need to be paid less. They really do, but there's no way in hell executives need to be making as much as they do, either.

Not really. Big name actors who actually bring asses (we only have very very few of them) to seats deserve their pay. Big name actors who bring nobody don't.

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Unlike with the pandemic which it was out of everyone's control in terms of uncertainly and delays, I can envision the exhibitors putting pressure on the studios to resolve this because they get affected the most if there isn't new product on the horizon or delayed. 

Exhibtors might not have as much clout as they once did.

• Community Manager
Just now, dudalb said:

Exhibtors might not have as much clout as they once did.

Iger: abandoning theaters was a mistake

AMC: do a good deal with actors

Iger: we're proud to abandon theaters and announce a disney+ expansion deal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Maggie gives the strike 2 “B+ Cinemascores” out of 5.

As an editor in LA, I’m going on strike in solidarity with the writers and editors until the strikes end, or my next gig. Whichever happens first. I’m not picketing in this heat wave though.

I did a short session at Disney yesterday, it’s okay as long as you dress right. They had cooling stations where they’d spritz your face and/or give you a bandanna soaked in ice water. 

Would be nice for the weather to cool off a little next week though. 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, jedijake said:

I'm a simple man with even simpler questions. Which actors are striking? Certainly not the ones making millions, right???

all SAG members. and the ones making millions are helpful because those are the ones bringing more attention to the strike AND harder to try to get scab workers to replace them. 

• Like 2